PDA

View Full Version : Pressure Relief Valve Calibration

SteveCass
05-08-2011, 02:55 PM
Chaps,

I am trying to find someone that can carry out PRV calibrations for me. I have 6 Henry 'Specials' with a 10-12 week lead on delivery and am trying to get this time down.

Any ideas?

Grizzly
05-08-2011, 05:23 PM
Speak to Saunders and Weeks in Bristol.
They could help, there is another company in Avonmouth who do similar. But I cannot remember there name at present.
Sorry!
Even for standard certificated PRV'S from Henry take a long time to obtain particularly if certification is needed.
I have obtained an extension on completion time from the insurance assessor before now.
Simply because they are not readily available off the shelf.
Grizzly

james10
05-08-2011, 07:28 PM
Not wanting to go against Grizzly's years of experiance, but 99% of PRV'S i've had calibrated have leaked within days now i have a list of sizes and sites etc and make sure i reccomend replacements well in advance

Grizzly
05-08-2011, 08:39 PM
You aren't using the correct guys then my friend.
Yours is a valid point none the less. I have indeed heard of issues but don't remember any myself.
The guys that I have mentioned strip service and rebuild the valves before certificating them.
They manufacture as well so they know what they are doing.
If my memory serves me well, the refurb price is not viable for small PRV'S.
But Hey they do do a fast turn around service.
So as Steve suggests time is of the essence. The valves do have warranty if I remember correctly.
A quick phone call would answer what options are available.
Grizzly

RANGER1
05-08-2011, 11:33 PM
Do you guys deal with Hansen valves?

In our neck of the woods they have a lot sitting on the shelf at supplier.
Its an option, but realize its not prefered option changing pipework etc.

Agree with Grizzly about recalibrations, as we have it done all the time with no problems.

Chillin4alivin
08-09-2011, 11:29 AM
Furmanite do service repair on PRV's in UK

Quality
08-09-2011, 11:54 AM
I just had 4 done this week at Saunders & Weeks. I sent them monday and they came back this morning

install monkey
08-09-2011, 02:00 PM
Furmanite do service repair on PRV's in UK

Is this a form of advertising??

Chillin4alivin
09-09-2011, 07:46 AM
No Its Advise on where to get PRV's serviced mate

chillerman2006
09-09-2011, 09:31 AM
Had the same problem as 'James' Leaking valves once calibrated, Only place that returned them working ok had 8 weeks plus lead time, can not put there name up AS THAT IS ADVERTISING !

Grizzly
09-09-2011, 03:43 PM
Had the same problem as 'James' Leaking valves once calibrated, Only place that returned them working ok had 8 weeks plus lead time, can not put there name up AS THAT IS ADVERTISING !

Yeah! you can my friend.
I agree that it is a thin line which stretches even thinner when stress prevails.
But if it is genuinely for the benefit of all and not personal gain, nor promoting anyone (Especially those you work for!),
Then no-one can take offense at that can they.
After all we are there to help ain't we?

Grizzly

chillerman2006
09-09-2011, 03:47 PM
Yeh! you can my friend.
I agree that it is a thin line which stretches even thinner when stress prevails.

Evening Grizzly

Just covering my sore a** :D

check out the one with 250f on liquid injection line mate... maybe you can shed some light on whats going on .... sounds odd to me

http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/showthread.php?32952-RWF-II-399h-Liquid-inject-assist-questions

R's chillerman

Grizzly
09-09-2011, 03:54 PM
It's going to take more than 1 read that's for sure.
Back shortly.
Grizzly

SteveCass
10-09-2011, 08:47 PM
Hi chaps, had a company in Aldershot called Daco do it for me. Tested to setting ( went 2% low) and then rechecked to 90% to ensure it has reseated. Great service from them as well, throughly recommend them.

Seeing the name Furmanite posted above reminded me that a previous company I worked for used them, no problems there either.

Thanks for the help.

micksmith
03-10-2011, 01:44 PM
Have you tried Lambda Calibration? We've used them before and were impressed, fast turnaround. More info here http://www.lambda-cal.co.uk/pressure_calibration.php