PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Samsung Compressor 44B092JWIEL - Newbie question

ravithb
05-08-2011, 08:20 AM
Hi All,

I'm a complete newbie with no experience in refrigeration related technologies. My question may be stupid, please pardon me for that. I've also searched the forum for my requirement but couldn't find something that helps to solve my problem.

I'm building a DIY air compressor and I got an old Samsung Compressor from a friend. The model number on the label states 44B092JWIEL, for which I got some information from the samsung website but they don't have the information for the exact model. The model I found on the site is 44B092JX.

Q1. Does the technical information I found for 44B092JX apply for 44B092JWIEL ?

Q2. The compressor is empty, and I was asked to put oil in to it before use. What oil should I use, how much oil? (samsung website said 360cc for the 44B092JX is it correct for this model too?) and where should I pour it in (The compressor has two tubes one on the top and other coming out of another cylindrical part mounted on the side of the compressor )?

Q3. Does this compressor need a starting and running capacitor both or starting only or running only? Any one having any experience with this compressor can you share a wiring diagram please?

Sorry for my english, as I'm not a native English speaker.

Please be kind to help me.

Thanks in advance,

Best Regards

Ravith.

JoeAT50A
05-08-2011, 10:40 AM
44B series use R22, oil should be mineral oil 10.4 CC inside.

ravithb
05-08-2011, 12:13 PM
Thanks JoeAT50A for your kind reply. From which tube should I pour in the oil? or is there another way to put the oil in?

PS.
This is the link to the the samsung website which had some data on 44B092JX. http://www.samsung.com/global/business/rotary/products/Products_44frame.html

ravithb
05-08-2011, 12:21 PM
@JoeAT50A, So do I only need to put two teaspoons of oil in to this thing? Are you sure it is 10.4cc and not 10.4oz? Sorry for questioning your answer, but I've no experience on these things and It was very hard for me to find a working compressor for free over here, so I'm pretty concerned not to damage it.

JoeAT50A
08-08-2011, 04:35 AM
Sorry 360Cc, your URL already mention one "Oil Charge" column.