PDA

View Full Version : tm 15/ 16 quest comps

charlie patt
03-08-2011, 11:00 PM
bought ten tm15 16 quest comps of my normal suppliers, but there not running to well, fitted first one on a lt 35 changed drier and fitted new suction filter and new mop tev with no 2 orifice drained oil and filled with 160 cc of 68 this was a tm 16 8 grove to. ran and tested but comp running to hot after half a hr fr of comp 89dc rear of comp 82dc decant gas checked oil all ok buy this time one of my workmates was fitting a tm15 on a dispatch after a short run time that one was running red hot all pressures good running r404a and superheat set up, one unit a hubbard 460 and other gah sr, so pulled of the quest comp and fitted our normal valeo comp and ran, never got more than 73dc any body else had problem with these quest units, when we first used them we had a wad of coil pack failures but was advised they where a better comp, we ran the dispatch comp up the road at the point it got to 122dc we pulled it of and fitted a valeo that one never rose above 73 dc, on a 23 dc ambient , i realise that gah had some comp issues a litle while back is this them rebadged, ok on chiller but screwed on freezers?

djbe
05-08-2011, 08:31 PM
We took a look at one sample and sent it back unused. Sticking with Valeo, to me the small saving isn't worth it. How much did they cost you out of interest?
regards,
djbe.

charlie patt
05-08-2011, 08:46 PM
one twenty five had a development yesterday the guy that designed the comps have flown over from the states, he examined what we sent back and blamed the fault on no oil in comp, but we drained them so we blew that one out of the water, then it was cross contamination of oil but we drain them on arrival and let them drain overnight so theres that one out the window,then it was the design of the fridges, i pointed out at this point we fit 5 a week on average of tm 15, 16 and 21 units of another brand without problem. so he visited site and we will sea what happens

djbe
05-08-2011, 10:17 PM
Sending you a PM.

charlie patt
06-08-2011, 06:43 PM
just to keep everyone in the loop designeer of came came to us today and we fitted one of there units on a lt within 20 mins comp running at 96dc he suggested 300cc of oil instead of the normal 150 so i decant and added oil and runned, still no different so then he suggested all unit should have a suction accumulator which i pointed out not many uk units have, so i riiged up a temp one and still no use the comp are badly made or design fault the designer said it was bad design of units and drove off, someone better tell gah hubbard carrier and the rest, basically stay away from these units they are bad news

chillerman2006
06-08-2011, 06:58 PM
what happened to sanden's and celtec's

been about 15 years since i did transport but sanden's used to be ok and then along come celtec's sold by southern sales for same price but they were better quality

if i remember rightly the celtec have a special coating on the piston's

djbe
07-08-2011, 12:08 AM
Yes Seltec pistons are coated.

chillerman2006
07-08-2011, 01:02 AM
Yes Seltec pistons are coated.

Thanks for the spellcheck & info djbe

Am curious now, are they still available and are they not the a better compressor to use ?

MTK, Carrier, Hubbards all used to use them

charlie patt
08-08-2011, 08:57 PM
most of the new transport kit are moveing to different comps / seltecs are a better comp but when we ordered they had none left and they recomended these other units.

Jerrylemco
14-08-2011, 09:05 PM
By choice all I use are Sandens. Seltec/Tama/DK now all Valeo. ICE and QUE are now all in bed with the old CCI (think York) and have the same old issues. When looking at Sandens try to stick to the North American or Japanese mfg, not China or Singapore.

geoffthefridgem
15-08-2011, 06:24 PM
Just thought I would add my tuppence worth,many years ago all we fitted were Sandens but they were no good on R404a and would kill the shaft seal as they were designed to run on R12 or R134A.What we found on swapping to seltec's was that we needed to fit suction filters as they are less tollerant to crap of any sort in the system.But now I have noticed on new units(zanotti badged Hubbard units) with stand-by that they are fitted with Sandens made for R404a.So I would agree 100% with the last poster and personally I would go back to them tomorrow, but it is not up to lowly old me.

chillerman2006
15-08-2011, 07:27 PM
most of the new transport kit are moveing to different comps / seltecs are a better comp but when we ordered they had none left and they recomended these other units.

By choice all I use are Sandens. Seltec/Tama/DK now all Valeo. ICE and QUE are now all in bed with the old CCI (think York) and have the same old issues. When looking at Sandens try to stick to the North American or Japanese mfg, not China or Singapore.

Just thought I would add my tuppence worth,many years ago all we fitted were Sandens but they were no good on R404a and would kill the shaft seal as they were designed to run on R12 or R134A.What we found on swapping to seltec's was that we needed to fit suction filters as they are less tollerant to crap of any sort in the system.But now I have noticed on new units(zanotti badged Hubbard units) with stand-by that they are fitted with Sandens made for R404a.So I would agree 100% with the last poster and personally I would go back to them tomorrow, but it is not up to lowly old me.

Cheers for the info Gents

R's chillerman