PDA

View Full Version : ME TG2000 software problem?

sinewave
02-08-2011, 06:03 PM
Mitsi Elec R407C VRF, 3 storey office block with 74 fan coils with 2 x G50's in a plant room and TG2000 installed on a dedicated PC in the server room.

TG2000 has been installed and running for 2 years now but recently it has started loosing comms with the G50's and a whole floor goes off line and a dialogue box comes up stating "Under starting" for 15mins to an hour or so then comes back online.

Sometimes all three floors go down but at all times the G50's are operational and things carry on as they should.

CAT5E cabling has been checked, the Network has been checked and all is OK.

When it finally restarts another dialogue box appears stating the following:-

"This comment is the result of comparing maintenance info and real system info. Please check if needed. AG150A/G-50A of the abnormalities in communication exists"

Mitsi Tech have no idea as to why this is happening and their only suggestion is for us to book a controls engineer visit at £450 + VAT! :eek:

Any ideas from the collective before we reach that stage? :)

AbsoluteWDJ
02-08-2011, 09:31 PM
It appears to me you're losing communication between TG2000 and G50's, so this could be someone altering I.P addressing, ethernet cable issue or network problems. Have you spoken to the on-site I.T or is this a dedicated LAN?

install monkey
02-08-2011, 09:34 PM
can u relocate the pc so its on a 2mtr lead straight into the g50's to prove that theres no occasional interference or power spikes

JoeAT50A
03-08-2011, 05:44 AM
What is the TG-2000A software version and OS?
WinXP or Vista or Win7.
Did you set OS restart timing? If not reboot again.
Procedure of restarting OS must be carried out properly.
Step1 Quit from TG2000A.
Step2 Detached the runing database. (Not so important but good practice to do it)
Then restart the OS.
Still same issue, please update your TG-2000A software to latest (at least database)
Do let us know the outcome. Of course £450 + VAT! solution is better and flawless I beleived.

sinewave
03-08-2011, 08:04 AM
Not sure what the software version is, will check that.

O/S is WinXP Pro.

PC is dedicated but is connected to the clients LAN.

2 x Ethernet feeds go from the Servers patch panel up to the plant room and in to a panel which houses the G50's and power packs.

On-site I.T. have checked this cabling and the network operation and say all is fine.

I did still have the mobile number of the guy who commissioned the system and he suggested checking that the I.T. guys might have upgraded the newtwork to full duplex and Gigabit + speeds.

Apparently G50's can 'fall over' if subjected to this sort of data speeds so need to be at half duplex and less than Gigabit speeds.

More speed is not always good it seems!

Anyway this is not the case here and network speed is as it's always been.

JoeAT50A
04-08-2011, 02:06 AM
G-50A are 10Base T, auto uplink for the hub or switch should be fine.
How about PING result?
Should try to ping with this command: For example: ping 192.168.1.1 /t
Study the reply for any issues. If smooth and fast (won't stop), then your network communication should be fine.
We advise you to reboot the WinXP, no harm sometime XP OS is like that.
Bill Gate will know what is going on.

sinewave
08-08-2011, 06:32 PM
Update!

Problem solved today although it did take a Controls Engineer visit!

It was a communications issue however nothing in isolation was at fault.

Due to the companies Network running at Gigabit + speeds nowadays the G50's just could not keep up when comunicationg with the TG2000.

A simple fix of shoving a 10/100 6 port switch inside the G50's control panel and routing the G50 patch leads through this switch returned smooth running.

The switch with it's 'inteligent switching' acts electronicaly much like a syncromesh in a mechanical gearbox and thus enabled the slow G50 10 megabit half duplex speed to dive in to the Gigabit Full duplex Network traffic without getting mowed down in the process. :eek:

Ya learn sumat new everyday! :D

JoeAT50A
11-08-2011, 03:41 AM
That's call auto uplink feature for your switch.
We glad you'd solved.