PDA

View Full Version : Swapping Daikin BS boxes

r.bartlett
01-08-2011, 05:41 PM
Chaps

We have an old K Plus system which we need to swap out a bad BS box from another indoor unit and remove that one from the system

I am concerned there will be addressing issues so wonder if I should take the old BS box PCB etc and put it onto the replacement unit so it thinks it's still in the system.

However what is the addressing between the indoor unit and BS box? would we need to change that too or scrub all that nonsense and re-address the replacement BS box to the old address instead

We are using ducted units and the simplified wall controllers

TIA

Richard

james10
01-08-2011, 07:37 PM
Daikin auto adresses, when your finished the repairs power down the full system then power back up it may take a short whiole to come back to life though

r.bartlett
01-08-2011, 08:38 PM
Daikin auto adresses, when your finished the repairs power down the full system then power back up it may take a short whiole to come back to life though

I will need to do a hard restart as one of the indoor units will be missing. How will I know what the new address is and as this is a very old unit 1999 will it auto address ok?

and what about the IManager will that be ok with the changes

install monkey
01-08-2011, 09:30 PM
reboot the i manager after deleting the removed unit

r.bartlett
01-08-2011, 09:35 PM
reboot the i manager after deleting the removed unit

So when I go to the imanager how will I know I am controlling the unit where the bs box has been fitted too?

as it stands when we open the controller for room 409 it operates the unit in room 409. What would happen when we auto address?

install monkey
01-08-2011, 09:55 PM
it has to be manually addressed if it has an i controller, hook a brc1d52 controller on an indoor and go to setting mode 43 to check the address on the unit ur going to remove or go into group settings and take the unit out of the group, have u got a vrv manual off extranet ?

r.bartlett
01-08-2011, 10:16 PM
it has to be manually addressed if it has an i controller, hook a brc1d52 controller on an indoor and go to setting mode 43 to check the address on the unit ur going to remove or go into group settings and take the unit out of the group, have u got a vrv manual off extranet ?

Yes I should have all the manuals. I wonder if it would be quicker just to swap out the bs box pcb?

install monkey
01-08-2011, 10:28 PM
the bc boxes arent addressed only the indoors. f1f2 out is ur transmission from outdoor to each bs box f1f2 ind is from bc box to indoor,i did a bc box on a vrv2 that was sticking mid position and hissing like a jet engine,degassed 50kg swapped over in 30mins,mains and comms,pressure test,vac and running 2 days later

r.bartlett
01-08-2011, 10:54 PM
the bc boxes arent addressed only the indoors. f1f2 out is ur transmission from outdoor to each bs box f1f2 ind is from bc box to indoor,i did a bc box on a vrv2 that was sticking mid position and hissing like a jet engine,degassed 50kg swapped over in 30mins,mains and comms,pressure test,vac and running 2 days later

that doesnt seem right as when we want to change over the mode we have to change the bs box not the indoor unit and they must have an address or you wouldnt be able to select it?

install monkey
01-08-2011, 11:01 PM
change over of mode is done on terminal abc on oudoor unit or on each bc box for individual changeover or it can be done off the local remote