PDA

View Full Version : hotpoint fridge freezer problem

cassbrods
28-07-2011, 09:41 PM
hi guys, having a problem with a domestic fridge freezer. I,m getting no supply to the circulating fan in the freezer section, does anybody know what controls this fan and if its supposed to run continuiously? Its an FFA MODEL, HOTPOINT

spimps
28-07-2011, 10:54 PM
It kicks in when the evaporator temp drops to -12,might be -14 but somewhere there via the temp sensor.Could be wired through the door switch so perhaps a problem there.
Have in the past gone to the pcb ,identified the compressor supply and joined the fan cable to that so that when the compressor starts the fan comes on,wiring for them is usually on the right side of the pcb when viewed from the front.
I may have a wiring diagram depending on model..

cassbrods
28-07-2011, 11:20 PM
cheers spimps will have a look at that, had seen a pipe sensor on evap. which i thought might control the fan, its possibly faulty then,not too sure of the model will check that also, did you have no further problems wiring the fan that way?

spimps
29-07-2011, 12:29 PM
It is designed to delay switching on fan so as not to circulate damp air after defrost or initial switch on. cuts in at -15c on temp drop and -10c on temp rise.
Would be better to find cause and replace faulty part will be either:
door switch
main pcb
or thermistor, should READ 29K OHMS @-22C / 25K OHMS@ -19C