PDA

View Full Version : Condensate drains and pet hair

pipeman
27-07-2011, 06:26 PM
I've recently started to do quite a bit of service work on vets and seem to be having lots of problems with blocked drains. Apart from the usual pump filters being blocked up I am also finding gravity drains becoming blocked (22mm pipe).

Obviously a blocked pipe is much more difficult to deal with than a blocked filter. Just wanted peoples views that might have had a lot more experience with this.

Is it better to fit a pump that is cleaned upon each service (usually every 6 months)? Or is there a way of putting a filter in the gravity drain to prevent blockages deep into the drain pipe?

All views welcome

james10
28-07-2011, 02:35 PM
i would fit some sort of trap like you'd find under a sink, and put stay clear tablets in the trap which should dissolve any crap that gets stuck there, i would also invest in a Gallo gun which is a hand held C02 dipensers that gives a short 600psi blast of C02 i've yet to find a drain they can't clear you get them from HRP or climate centre for around £50, and when you service the units give the drains a blast with one shot

SeanB
31-07-2011, 06:02 PM
I would also suggest you get a smallish wet/dry vacuum cleaner with a flexible hose, works well to remove blockages by pulling them back the way they came.

Paul a/c
01-08-2011, 08:30 PM
We did maintenance work at a vets for years, every visit we had to use a wet and dry Hoover as well some times nitrogen was need to blow them out