PDA

View Full Version : HELP: Head Pressure Controller and condenser fan motor doubt!

Ricardo Pimenta
25-07-2011, 02:22 PM
Good Day,

I have a mini-split air conditioner condenser, that needs to work in cooling mode below the recommended outdoor temperatures (21ºC in this case), but this brings problems like decreasing to much the condensing head pressure because the fan only works at full speed all the time.

I have been advised to install a head pressure controller (Fan Speed Controller) like the Aspen Pumps (http://www.aspenpumps.com/en/controls.html) or the EDC (http://www.edcpumps.com/en/head-pressure-controller.php), but I do not know if the fan already existing under the condenser being a 230v full speed fan is already prepared to one of those types of controllers or if it will be burned in a short?

Thank you very much

Ric

stufus
25-07-2011, 03:24 PM
The fan wont run all the time, it will cycle on and off depending on the programmed settings.
Cheers
Stu

Ricardo Pimenta
25-07-2011, 03:42 PM
The fan wont run all the time, it will cycle on and off depending on the programmed settings.
Cheers
Stu

Dear stufus,

Thank you for your help.

By what I have seen under the instructions manual from each one of the controllers the fan will increase and decrease velocity (rotation) and it will not only cycle on and off, this is in cooling mode.

Thank you
Ric

stufus
25-07-2011, 05:14 PM
Most single phase motors are voltage variable , if your in doubt check with the manufacturer.
But I really can't see there being any issue.
Have you checked the motor itself to see if there is a min - max voltage rating.
Cheers
Stu

Ricardo Pimenta
26-07-2011, 10:35 AM
Most single phase motors are voltage variable , if your in doubt check with the manufacturer.
But I really can't see there being any issue.
Have you checked the motor itself to see if there is a min - max voltage rating.
Cheers
Stu

Dear stufus,

Thank you once more for you help,

I'm not sure what the voltage range of that fan, but I can check that,

I only have posted this questions, because I think that maybe there is someone around here that already have installed one of those controllers or even on of the Danfoss (Saginomiya) ones and have already clarified this doubt.

Thank you
Ricardo Pimenta

stufus
26-07-2011, 09:33 PM
Well then you should have specified the make and model of your machine.
Makes helping out much easier:rolleyes:
Cheers
Stu