PDA

View Full Version : Problem With Valve Actuator

Bashir01219
25-07-2011, 09:33 AM
Presently we are using a steam line electric actuator modulating control valve and actuator Model No.: EK60.908M (VALPES).
We have already changed this valves two times in last six months, then we check the details specification of the valves actuator and found operating temperature -10 Deg C to 55 deg C. My question is this temperature is for the environmental temp. or steam temperature that the valve is controlling?
If we want to change this valve brand with similar specification which brand is available in ASIA region? I am from Bangladesh.

Sumit
25-07-2011, 02:48 PM
Hi Bashir ,

Actuator valves of " Belimo " and " Honeywell " are available in ASIA. you can easily get it.I am also confused about what the " operating temperature " actually mean.But I am sure, you will soon get its solution here.

Emmett
25-07-2011, 05:57 PM
When controlling steam line with an electric control valve it is critical that there is some sort of heat sink between the actuator and the valve, (ie) a metal stand off of sorts. 55c must reference the ambient temp as steam would be much hotter. I have had many problems with electric valves on steam lines as the heat from the steam radiates up, you must not put actuator above the steam line at a minimum it must be in the 10 or 2 oclock position preferably 9 or 3 O clock position

Bashir01219
28-07-2011, 08:03 AM
Mr. Emmett,

Thanks.

Please make it clear to us...... (last line)

What will be the probable solution.........?

Bashir01219
28-07-2011, 08:11 AM
Thanks Summit....

Honeywell may not have electric actuating control steam valve, no idea about Belimo.