PDA

View Full Version : ThermoKing v300 troubleshooting for small animal shelter transport truck

kjhyatt
24-07-2011, 02:10 PM
Hi everyone, I a new to this forum so ber with me.

I am working on a small animal shelters 16 foot box truck, that I volunteer for.
the unit is not cooling down the box enough for them to transport pets to adoptions in lately.

everything is running (evap and cond fans, compressor) the box is 95 degrees after sitting. when the truck is running the ac presures are 42/375 (its a 404a unit) the intake temp to evap is roughly 88 and the output is approx 78. the units evaporator is not getting cold across the whole coil. I evacuated the system totally because I had really high head before, and it had been serviceed before and I wanted a clean weighed in charge. I put 2.75 lbs like the service manual stated. it will slowly pull the temp down about 5 10 degrees but them stops dropping. all coils have been cleaned both condenser and evap. it seems to me the evap is still starved for refrigerant. could it be the txv bad? or needs adjusting. the unit had been cooling fine and then on a transport the box just started warming up quickly. if I add any charge my head comes up close to the cut out pressure

I am pulling my hair out, and they don't have much money being a chairity, so I am tring to resolve for them. I do all their ac work, but ths one has me stumped.

Thanks Much!!!!!

cadwaladr
24-07-2011, 06:26 PM
change the filter/drier asap.

mikeref
26-07-2011, 11:59 PM
Low side pressure should be higher as 42 psi is -12C or about 10F. Thinking either TX not feeding correct or condenser is not removing enough heat.

moggy66
29-07-2011, 12:48 AM
check the orofice screen. could be blocked up