PDA

View Full Version : LG C18AHR leaks water

mack
21-07-2011, 06:46 PM
Hi Guys I'm looking at a LG C18AHR art cool mirror finish thats leaking water when working. I've cleaned the waste pipe & checked the drip tray & the level of the A/C all ok, if I fill the drip tray all the way to the top no leaks & drains away well but as soon as the evaporator starts to condense thats when I'm getting water droplets underneath & the fan is spraying out water as if some of the condensing water is missing the tray. The unit has been in about 5 years & has not been touched except for the filters.HELP any ideas anyone. Thanks Mack.

JoeAT50A
22-07-2011, 10:30 AM
Art cool is like POE oil, very hydroscopic design and condensate especially high humid countries.
Please liaise with LG-US or Cyprus.

r.bartlett
22-07-2011, 05:22 PM
Make sure the evap is clean. Not just looks clean. If the air cannot flow through properly then it will try to go under and drag water from the tray

install monkey
22-07-2011, 08:51 PM
take the cover off it and spray the evap with warm water using a spray pump,the restrictions in the fin spacing is increasing the airflow through the coil and is sucking the water off the coil.or ur evap coil is freezing up