PDA

View Full Version : Doupt

botrous
08-10-2005, 10:46 PM
Mates
Did you ever doupted in your capabilities (i mean in refrigeration so don't missunderstand) . . .
This days i always doupt my capabilities and i really can't find out why ? is it because i'm still young and i don't have much experience ? anyone passed through a similar thing ??

Regards

Abe
08-10-2005, 10:53 PM
I know English is not your first tongue , so no probs........

But its, doubt.........or doubting

:)

Only trying to help, not show you up!!

botrous
08-10-2005, 11:10 PM
Thanks Abe , always happy to learn and to refresh my memory . . . :)

botrous
08-10-2005, 11:17 PM
hehehe , having 3 languages between my ears isn't that easy

US Iceman
08-10-2005, 11:19 PM
Hi botrous,

Some of this is experience... another part is confidence, or faith in yourself.

The more experience you gain, your confidence goes up. I have found that we can also flip this around also.

If you have confidence in yourself, this belief, helps you to overcome very difficult situations.

When you are involved in very difficult problems, a logical progression is to first analyze the existing data.

Ask yourself if the data is correct?.

Where is the data different from what you would expect to see?

Then investigate the cause of the difference between the observed data and what you would expect to see.

The simplest answer is probably the correct one.

Occam's Razor (also spelled Ockham's Razor), is a principle attributed to the 14th-century English logician and Franciscan friar, William of Ockham. It forms the basis of methodological reductionism, also called the principle of parsimony or law of economy.

In its simplest form, Occam's Razor states that one should make no more assumptions than needed. Put into everyday language, it says:

"Given two equally predictive theories, choose the simpler."

For example, a charred tree could be caused by a lightning strike or by someone who used a machine to burn the upper branches of a tree and then replanted the grass leading up to the tree to hide the machine's tracks.

According to Occam's Razor, the lightning strike is the preferred explanation as it requires the fewest assumptions.

After you have been through several difficult projects, the experience helps you to develop more confidence in your abilities.

Doubt is the enemy. Confidence is your strength.

Saturday afternoon philosophy is fun...;)

botrous
08-10-2005, 11:26 PM
Hi US Iceman , thanks for your reply , I usually have confidence in my self and my work , but these days . . . maybe because I'm assigned to some big things I'm loosing confidence . . . I hope that every thing will go well

US Iceman
08-10-2005, 11:47 PM
I too have been assigned to very difficult challenges that have made me doubt my abilities. Sometimes it will seem as if you are not making any progress at all. Or, the progress you "think" you have, leads you down a dead end street.

After awhile you might ask yourself, "How did I get involved in this mess"?

The answer....

I volunteered!:D

Big projects force us to stretch our abilities. This is how we learn and gain confidence.

If it was easy....

Anyone could it.

Hang in there botrous.

Temprite
09-10-2005, 12:47 AM
Boutrous.

Go by the sink or swim theory.:) Throw yourself into the deep end and I'm sure that you will swim.

I think the most I learnt as an apprentice was when I was on call and I was out on jobs that were a bit above me at the time. No one else was there to help you fix them so you had to work it out.

If your smart enough to learn three langauges you have no need to doubt yourself.:)

Abe
09-10-2005, 11:26 AM
This is how I see it Boutros...

Patience and tenacity are one feature.

Whenever, you are faced with a situation, take a step back, think, reflect...........Dont react instaneously, even though your brain is screaming at you to wave your arms, open your mouth or whatever..

Reflection is a good policy, it gets the heart rate down, lets the panic settle, and allows you to start thinking

Dont give up either, when faced with a problem, seek a cure and a solution.......Dont be afraid to ask.

And endure...........persevere.

Too many times people give up on something because they perceive it to be too much, or beyond their capabilities, or too boring.

The human mind will surprise you. All you need to do is stretch it.

On the same token, know your capabilities.

Every one of us has strengths in different areas.......Some are gifted in mathematica , scientific analisis,

Some are gifted towards the arts.

Therefore, do not attempt to bite off more then you can chew. Know your capabilities. Strategise within the remit and bounds of your interests and wants.

Love your work............half the battle is won.

It is natural to wonder and suffer periods of not feeling you have the capability. Experience and knowledge will strengthen your resolve.

The other day I didnt know what a Kriwan temp sensor thingy was.........

Now I do, you can send me anywhere in the world now, if i see one, I will strut my chest out, and boldly speak louder, harsher.........

Cos I know!!!

:) :)

Youre still young.............got lots to learn.
And its great that at least you are thinking........and worrying.

It means you want to go forward.............

Good luck

Temprite
09-10-2005, 12:27 PM
Nice signature Aiyub. Kind reminds me of myself always asking stupid questions.

botrous
09-10-2005, 06:22 PM
I volunteered!

That's where all the troubles begin

Go by the sink or swim theory. Throw yourself into the deep end and I'm sure that you will swim.

That's what i usually do even when i'm loosing confidence , and at the end i regain till i volonteer again :)

If your smart enough to learn three langauges you have no need to doubt yourself.

I'm considering to learn one more :)

Reflection is a good policy, it gets the heart rate down, lets the panic settle, and allows you to start thinking

Dont give up either, when faced with a problem, seek a cure and a solution.......Dont be afraid to ask.

Never afraid to ask . i bet you i asked stupid things here and i'm still here and i bet you mates replied to my stupid questions without irony , that's why i consider you true friends

Youre still young.............got lots to learn.
And its great that at least you are thinking........and worrying.

It means you want to go forward.............

I want to learm more and to be perfect in doing my work , that's what worries me and makes me advance , read and learn more and more each day . . . but each thing i learn or i read makes me realise how much things i still need which increases my worries.

Aiyub's Sig:"He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever".

Very true

Regards

US Iceman
09-10-2005, 10:16 PM
Hi botrous,

Never afraid to ask.

This is something some people never learn. Maybe they are afraid of looking stupid, or don't want to admit they don't know the answer.

My reply is:

There is no such thing as a stupid question....

Unless,

1) You did not ask the question in the first place and keep making the same mistakes,
2) You have already asked three times before,
3) You thought you knew the answer and were too busy telling everyone.

1 and 2 I can deal with. Number 3 is annoying.

I want to learn more and to be perfect in doing my work , that's what worries me and makes me advance , read and learn more and more each day . . . but each thing i learn or i read makes me realise how much things i still need which increases my worries.

Sometimes the first thing we have to understand is what we don't know. The refrigeration industry is broad enough to keep learning until we die.

Volunteering for difficult projects is an excellent way to learn in a hurry. And, you will usually learn a lot from doing this.

A journey starts with the first step. Those that follow a map, get to the destination without getting lost.

Faith and confidence keep you going when you get lost. ;)

botrous
09-10-2005, 10:33 PM
Sometimes the first thing we have to understand is what we don't know. The refrigeration industry is broad enough to keep learning until we die.

Who knows everything is a god . . . and i'm sure i'm not , i just want to be as close as i can to perfect in my domain .

Volunteering for difficult projects is an excellent way to learn in a hurry. And, you will usually learn a lot from doing this.

this causes me brain storming , but after the stoem finishes i realise how much it was useful

A journey starts with the first step. Those that follow a map, get to the destination without getting lost.

Faith and confidence keep you going when you get lost.

the 1000 miles journey starts from the first step and i did that . . . but in refrigeration this journey is always stretching

Regards

chillin out
10-10-2005, 12:22 AM
Who knows everything is a god .

Somebody talking about me? lol

I believe confidence is the key to success, without it you will always be doubting yourself.

Sometimes it is good to doubt yourself about a particular job, but never doubt your capability. If you doubt yourself in a particular area get onto google and find out more information and satisfy your thirst for knowledge.

Which is what this web site is all about, so if you have any concerns just start a new post. Im sure you wont, or haven`t already asked any stupid questions.

chillin:)

botrous
10-10-2005, 10:20 PM
Somebody talking about me? lol
I think that the message arrived to the wrong person :) lololol

Which is what this web site is all about, so if you have any concerns just start a new post. Im sure you wont, or haven`t already asked any stupid questions.

That's what I usually do . . .

regards