PDA

View Full Version : help daikin

Goodland
21-07-2011, 07:57 AM
Hello People,

im a customer receiving a daikin Vrv3 system, and while installing something went wrong with them i didn't understand what it was. and the system lost all of its gas :S, now i looked at things ( im no pro btw ) there was some oil, from where the gas was leaked.

so my question was to the engnieer, when you recharge do u add Oil or just the gas ??

and my question here do refrigirant oil gets added alone or it comes with the 410A ?

thank you

hyperion
21-07-2011, 08:20 AM
The oil would need to be added seperate to the refrigerant. It is sometimes difficult to estimate how much oil may have been lost during a leak. Often a small amount of oil can create a fairly large stain.
The quantity to be added will need to be calculated carefully as too much oil can cause operational problems, just the same as too little oil.

Goodland
21-07-2011, 09:52 AM
so how can we make sure, Service checker should rule it out or ???? how is the best way to approach this ?

hyperion
22-07-2011, 09:14 AM
The Service Checker will be able to record the values at the various temperature and pressure sensors and from that it should be possible to determine which valves are operational etc, however I do not think that you would be able to estimate the quantity or location of the oil within the circuit. This will need careful consideration by your service engineer to estimate the amount of oil that will need to be added.

JoeAT50A
22-07-2011, 09:34 AM
Don't add first, just adjust the refrigerant accordingly. Then you measure or log or monitor the compressor shell temperature in operation mode. Normally in FarEast (ambient 35C) then shell temperature is around 42C.
Around this temperature, we could say healthy and enough oil. If so hot, then add in.
However I have no idea Palestine Texas ambient against shell temperature. More or less same I believed. Because working temperatures/pressures should be same. Try this. Hope that will help.