PDA

View Full Version : oil replacement time

MikeHolm
19-07-2011, 10:57 PM
If you had a new 410A scroll, sitting on the shelf for 3 months and air was allowed in (someone left a plug off), would you change the oil just before use? I know POE loves to absorb moisture and a vacuum won't remove it.

mikeref
20-07-2011, 12:44 AM
Yeh i would change the oil. Would also be concerned about any bugs or ants and rust inside. Anything of value that was left open here would soon be occupied by a Hornet nest, usually made from mud... I see you know how long it was left open for so maybe s-o-m-e-o-n-e named Mike slipped up eh?;)

MikeHolm
20-07-2011, 12:54 AM
Yeh i would change the oil. Would also be concerned about any bugs or ants and rust inside. Anything of value that was left open here would soon be occupied by a Hornet nest, usually made from mud... I see you know how long it was left open for so maybe s-o-m-e-o-n-e named Mike slipped up eh?;)

I was going to see if I could do a Robert Murdock and deny responsibility even tho I am "possibly" the ONLY culprit (and the head of my trans-national corporation)........but you found me out, sly fox.....:D

Grizzly
20-07-2011, 05:25 AM
Hi Mike.
Mikeref is correct, apparently synthetic oil will absorb 10% of it's own volume worth of water in 24hrs.
Thirsty stuff!
Grizzly

MikeHolm
20-07-2011, 11:30 AM
out with the old, in with the new