PDA

View Full Version : Mitsubishi city multi ghost addresses

marc5180
19-07-2011, 04:04 PM
Hi, does anyone know how to delete ghost addresses from a city multi on a par 27?

2 indoor units on the end of the daisy chain were removed but the m-net line had been cut by the electricians so there was no power at the controller to delete the address.

I know it can be done from another controller or even at the condenser but*I can't remember how for the life of me.

stufus
19-07-2011, 05:30 PM
Filter and louver swing ,to get in
Temp arrows to set address IC ,timer arrows to set address RC
Clock on off to delete.
I think;)
Failing that do a virgin restart ,probably the better option
Cheers
Stu

marc5180
20-07-2011, 11:32 AM
Thanks stufus, I know how to get into engineered mode but wasn't sure after that.

Much appreciated

JoeAT50A
21-07-2011, 02:13 AM
Registered address will be still there and will prompt (ghost) error.
For example
ID 001 with RC101
ID 002 with RC102
But now your case will be missing for example RC101.
So error will be 101 6607 if you did not do proper deletion.
For this case you need to do delete feature from remote RC102.
Step one: delete 002, follow stufus procedure.

Step two:You will see the HO, then remove one wire from RC (may be either A/M1 or B/M2). One wire will do.
Step three:Then change the remote address to 101.
Step four:After that connect back your Mnet wire. You will see HO again.
Step five:Then register indoor unit 001 follow stus procedure.
Step six:Then do the proper deletion again for 001. HO again.
And repeat: Step 2, Step3 change back to RC address 102.
Then Step4.
After Step4, go Step 5 to register 001 and 002 with RC 102 (if needed).
If not just register only 002. (up to you).
If you done correcly your ghost error will be gone forever.
Hope that will help. That's my 2 cents tips to clear/delete ghost address error with existing remote controller.

kelvin01
01-08-2011, 09:30 PM
Marc

You have probably sorted this problem already but for future reference the easiest way to delete a ghost address from your City Multi system is to go to the outdoor unit and isolate the mains power. When display has gone blank, on your main control board set SW2 bits 2 & 3 to on. Then power up your outdoor unit and wait for the outdoor board to show flag 10 on the display. When this is done all previous connect info has been removed along with any previous fault data.
Then all you have left to do is isolate the power again and set SW2 bits 2 & 3 back to off and reset the power. When it has rebooted all ghost addresses and faults will have been removed.

Hope this is self explanatory and helpful

stufus
02-08-2011, 07:34 PM
Marc

You have probably sorted this problem already but for future reference the easiest way to delete a ghost address from your City Multi system is to go to the outdoor unit and isolate the mains power. When display has gone blank, on your main control board set SW2 bits 2 & 3 to on. Then power up your outdoor unit and wait for the outdoor board to show flag 10 on the display. When this is done all previous connect info has been removed along with any previous fault data.
Then all you have left to do is isolate the power again and set SW2 bits 2 & 3 back to off and reset the power. When it has rebooted all ghost addresses and faults will have been removed.

Hope this is self explanatory and helpful

That would be a virgin restart then;)

Cheers
Stu

JoeAT50A
03-08-2011, 05:53 AM
Hi Stu and Kelvin,

SW2-2 (with SW2-1 ON) can't able to help much on some evil addresses but some ghosts.

If SW2-1 is ON (with centralized controller), then system information grouping decide by Centralized controller or system controller.

Sometime 6607 ghosts due to noise issue are headache for us. Don't you agree.