PDA

View Full Version : recharge option

devlin maguire
19-07-2011, 03:47 PM
Can a recovery unit be used to recharge a system, opinions differ I say why not, I dont do it as a matter of course as I dont work on big volumes I did once, new filter on the vapour line R22, solenoid open,
Dev

taz24
19-07-2011, 04:24 PM
Can a recovery unit be used to recharge a system, opinions differ I say why not, I dont do it as a matter of course as I dont work on big volumes I did once, new filter on the vapour line R22, solenoid open,
Dev

Yes it can and often is.

If you are moving lots of liquid it can often be the quickest
and if you are moving say 15Kg but you know the system will
equalise long before you move all the refrigerant you could push
it in with the machine.

It just pushes refrigerant in a certain direction. It is not bothered
what that direction is.

All the best

taz

chemi-cool
19-07-2011, 04:37 PM
I use it to recharge when ambient is high. Push it to the high side at the top of the receiver, works fine.

monkey spanners
19-07-2011, 04:50 PM
I often do this when i've recovered out of the system to work on it, once i have dumped as much of the original charge back in, just recover the rest back out of the bottle into the system.

Not really tried with new refrigerant on a new system but not had the need to either so far.

devlin maguire
19-07-2011, 05:29 PM
Cheers guys I think it may well be a matter of course with me now
Dev

Plank!
19-07-2011, 08:22 PM
It's also a good way to get the last few Kg out of each bottle.

joe-ice
19-07-2011, 10:25 PM
Want to be carefull with virgin gas i think a lot of these pumps rely on the oil in recycled gas for lubrication.

install monkey
20-07-2011, 08:36 PM
i do it with virgin gas on 48hp vrv2-to get the bottle empty,at £120 a bottle,customers dont complain

Plank!
20-07-2011, 09:13 PM
Want to be carefull with virgin gas i think a lot of these pumps rely on the oil in recycled gas for lubrication.

Well I'm stuffed then. The only systems I use a recovery pump on are oil free. R134a and Turbocor compressors.
:/