PDA

View Full Version : Toshiba A/C Double Beep

Dave. D.
16-07-2011, 05:59 AM
Hi All,
Has anyone come across the “double beep” problem on a Toshiba Inverter? I have a RAV-SM562/SM802 which has a strange problem. After several hours in heating mode it shuts down completely. No lights on, air flap closed - but the remote still shows a normal display. When I try to turn it on all I get is a double beep. The service techs checked it over and diagnosed a faulty pcb (unit is 5yrs old - just out of warranty!). Fitted new pcb ($960 ouch!), worked for a few days then same fault. Techs said Toshiba told them indoor pcb not compatible with new pcb so fitted new indoor and outdoor pcbs. Worked ok for 3 weeks then same fault again!! The unit seems to work in cooling mode but when you change mode to auto or heating all you get is double beep and operation and timer lights blinking. I can't believe 3 pcbs (original and two new) can fail with same fault in 3 weeks but no one seems to have any idea what the fault is. Any help or suggestions much appreciated.

jonjon
18-07-2011, 11:05 PM
any fault codes? or if u go into the history on the localised remote is there any codes?

Dave. D.
19-07-2011, 02:04 AM
Thanks Jonjon,
Nope. I went through all 35 codes and nothing came up. After the two new pcbs were fitted it worked for a few days but then shut down again. However I found I could re-start it by flicking the set temp up to say 27 on the remote. Then she sprang to life again, but one day I forgot and switched it off using the remote only to find the double beep was back when I tried to switch on again!! Toshiba HQ in NSW says there is a small pcb with dip-switches which they will try replacing... Fingers crossed!

Dave. D.
29-07-2011, 07:47 AM
Latest update. Service guys can't get DIP switch pcb but when center switch is flipped up and down the unit will operate in heating mode again. Could be moisture or corrosion on DIP switch. Service manual says double beep or pi-pi as they call it indicates unit is set to cooling only mode so heat or auto instructions from remote are invalid. Unit has been working for 10 days now - so fingers crossed. at least I know how to reset it if the fault happens again.