PDA

View Full Version : Danfoss valve mounts

devlin maguire
13-07-2011, 03:07 PM
Can any one tell me if a TE5 and a TE12 angleway mounts are interchangable Danfoss tech are being arses "you must ask your Danfoss supplier who in turn will contact us on your behalf" So how lucky do you have to be to get someone on the phone who understands the question normally I get "Eh Um I will see if Dave the engineer is in" usually "Dave" is a synonym for "Jeez I haven't a clue" or "I cant be arsed with this" then "Dave" "is out on a call"
Rant over
Devlin

monkey spanners
13-07-2011, 06:48 PM
Think they are different, they have different part numbers for the same size connections in my (2005) D&W catalogue.

TE5

http://www.danfoss.com/Products/Categories/List/ra/Thermostatic-Expansion-Valves/Thermostatic-Expansion-Valves-Exchangeable-Orifice/TE-5/TE-5-angleway-valve-body-solder-connections/dac45ee7-1696-449c-a2e4-0f65846ba521.html

TE12

http://www.danfoss.com/United_Kingdom/BusinessAreas/Refrigeration+and+Air+Conditioning/Products/List/RA/Thermostatic-Expansion-Valves/Thermostatic-Expansion-Valves-Exchangeable-Orifice/TE-12/TE-12-angleway-valve-body-solder-connections/2e4673f2-0a59-4a79-bd49-68810d46de3d.html

Jon :)

devlin maguire
13-07-2011, 07:04 PM
Hi Jon and thanks, Yep I can see that now, it appears that I can get the Valve body and element ok but the orifice N0 3 is now obsolete and the one available is a TE 5 However I cannot get the info on whether or not this TE5 orifice will fit the TEX 12 that is available, although the orifice guide states that a TE 5 valve and element should be used,
that means a bit of brazing in a attic, risk assesment, statement of means of repair, hot work permits, local smokeys informed, yaddy yaddy ya
Dev

monkey spanners
13-07-2011, 08:02 PM
If its just the power head thats failed could you keep the original orifice?

Jon :)

devlin maguire
14-07-2011, 10:26 AM
Thats a possibility however I think this Ex device has failed totaly, It has not had a days maintenance in 10 years. no one has ever had a set of gauges on it, This is the one I had a lot of greif with, and now its cutting out on its gas discharge temp sensor the HS is 17 BG LS is 5 BG but the LS gas line is warm to cool, it was cold previously and seemed fine, the only thing I canthink of is a restriction, I have a full sight gas and the TEV and its outlet side gets to just above freezing but wont run long enough to get a SH reading, and I have just thought the solenoid valve is after the sight gas then the filter, could the solenoid be only partially opening,
Dev