PDA

View Full Version : BRC1C62 compatible with BRC1B52/52 ERROR codes E5 and J1

hill
10-07-2011, 01:20 PM
HI Guys,

Please don't be too harsh as this is my first post and I'm not actually a refrigeration engineer. I'd just like some advice to pass onto my air con repairer. In Australia Daikin are quite restrictive with their sharing of info and my local fridgie in country SA hasn't beeen able to provide the info. HE is really great with Panasonic!!

My air con is Indoor Unit FDY60FV1A Outdoor Unit RY60EV1A
with a BRC 1B52/62 controller. The controller is a bit worse for wear as the case is the worse for wear. I can source a BRC 1c62 for $40. Will this be compatible?

The unit reports a E5 - outdoor activation of overheat protection which will not reset and also a J1 - Malfunction of pressure sensor.

The unit works really well when cooling and takes up to 15 mins to defrost outside unit in cool weather.

ANy advice that you can provide re these two errors would be great to pass onto my local fridgie.

Thanks for your help and take care.

Hill

cool_tech
11-07-2011, 10:52 AM
hey mate, I know daikin can be a bit tricky hope this helps your fridgey.
Diagnosis 39
5.2.3 OL Activation (Compressor Overload)
Remote
Controller
Display
E5
Method of
Malfunction
Detection
A compressor overload is detected through compressor
OL.
Malfunction
Decision
Conditions
�� If the compressor OL is activated twice, the system
will be shut down.
�� The error counter will reset itself if this or any other
error does not occur during the following 60-minute
compressor running time (total time).
* The operating temperature condition is not specified.
Supposed
Causes
�� Refrigerant shortage
�� Four way valve malfunctioning
�� Outdoor unit PCB defective
�� Water mixed in the local piping
�� Electronic expansion valve defective
�� Stop valve defective
Also check the discharge thermistor.

hill
03-10-2011, 12:10 PM
HI Cool_Tech,

Thanks for your speedy reply and apologies for my late thanks. I must have somehow missed your reply.

Will pass info on. Unit still working well but still seems to take up to 15 mins to defrost outside unit when temp drops behow 5 degrees centigrade

Thanks again

Hill

sweimaker
03-10-2011, 05:54 PM
it sounds to me like it needs a service, also, if discharge thermistor is out of calibration it wont be runnng anywhere as efficeint as it should