PDA

View Full Version : Coca cola double door display fridge.

under_dog
07-07-2011, 09:24 AM
Hi all. I have recently took over a small busniess. It has two coca cola double door display fridges. I have the thermo on both set at 0 yet the soft drinks get uncomfortably cold. Is there anyway to switch the condenser off but leave the display lights on?
The units also account for half of my electricity consumption.

Toolman
07-07-2011, 10:15 AM
The Thermo should be set at 2 Deg C , Zero is almost freezing , the light should stay on even when the thermo cuts the unit off or do the display lights go out when the unit cuts out or just when you turn off the mains ?

Spanner monkey
26-08-2011, 01:42 AM
I guess you have TRUE GDM 33's

Unfortunately they are juice busters, so turn the stat up as a compromise, the drinks will be warmer and the bills less!

Latte
29-08-2011, 11:30 PM
Make sure the condenser is clean. True's are controller by a stat which is INSIDE the evap and not on air temp. It has been known if the condenser it dirty, the evap doesnt get cold enough to switch off the condensing unit and stock to get too cold. Sounds weird i know, evap not getting cold enough but fridge too cold but trust me ive seen it a few times now

Brian_UK
29-08-2011, 11:51 PM
I may be wrong but aren't Coca Cola responsible for their own units? Free advertising for a cold shelf....

If so, call them in.

chilliwilly
30-08-2011, 12:34 AM
I may be wrong but aren't Coca Cola responsible for their own units? Free advertising for a cold shelf....

If so, call them in.

Yes indeed they are, all coca cola units always belong to coca cola. The deal is that you stock 30% of their products and then you can stock your own choice. They don't charge for repairs or service and when you order a unit it may be new or reconned.

The trueline units are reknown for having dirty condensor coils, but there should be a seperate switch for the lights inside the unit.