PDA

View Full Version : Daewoo error code

aircon50
07-07-2011, 12:48 AM
Hi all
Before I start this is a 'customers own property'. We have installed a Daewoo DSB-F0916LH-DV today. Unit started and ran, as we thought, normally. After 2-3 minutes the outside unit shut down and error code E5 was displayed on the inside unit.
Supply voltage, believe it or not, 260Vac, but then we are in Tenerife. I disconnected all cabling, checked and reconnected in case it was a communication error. Checked all connections to exterior and inside PCB's against wiring diagrams on units. The other strange item of note, is a very slight electrical 'tingling' when touching the exterior case, but not interior. (Earth connected between units, and to supply) My meter indicates 3Vac N to E, and 0Vac L to E, and as above circa 260Vac L to N.
I seem to have spent all evening trawling the internet, and here, looking for some shred of information that would lead me a list of Daewoo error codes - but nothing yet.
With all the wealth of information here, can anybody help - please!
Best regards, Graham

sinewave
07-07-2011, 07:36 AM
First rule of A/C installation is never specify a unit unless you have Tech support & spares back up in place.

It'll only end in tears IMHO.

aircon50
07-07-2011, 08:19 AM
Thanks sinewave,
We didn't specify it, nor would we. We stick with, and only sell/install from Fujitsu/General, Daikin or Samsung, for exactly the reasons you gave.
As I said it was a COP installation! We didn't specify, or buy. The customer bought it.
Graham

sinewave
07-07-2011, 06:40 PM
Can't find anything on Tinternet Graham as you say.

Is there not any sort of Tel number buried deep in the install destructions that came with the unit?

Where did the customer buy it from?