PDA

View Full Version : Discharge Temperature and Condensation Temperatures are same?

newreflearner
06-07-2011, 08:50 AM
Hello,

I would like to know if the values of discharge temperature and condensation temperatures are same?

Kind Regards...

Tony
06-07-2011, 08:57 AM
Morning newreflearner,

Discharge temperature is the temperature of the refrigerant at the compressor discharge where the state of the refrigerant is superheated vapour.

Condensing temperature is the saturation temperature of the refrigerant - in everyday language, the temperature at which the refrigerant is condensing.

Therefore the discharge temperature will be hotter than condensing temperature.

Hope this helps.

newreflearner
06-07-2011, 09:10 AM
Hello Tony,

I understand..Thanks for your help.

Good Day...

Peter_1
07-07-2011, 06:58 AM
In some occasion,DT can be the same as CT but then there's something wrong. NI the F-gas exams, we sometimes see this where candidates don't notice that on small hermetics they have a SH of 0K where the liquid flowing into the compressor is decreasing the DT towards the CT. We can simulate this perfectly when we want it. Sometimes ,we turn before the exams start the SH screw on the TEV so that we have almost 0K and we monitor the candidate if he sees this. Or we remove the orifice completely :-)

desA
07-07-2011, 08:18 AM
The amount of high side superheat (DT-CT) will also depend on the type of refrigerant used.

Aik
11-07-2011, 06:53 AM
The amount of high side superheat (DT-CT) will also depend on the type of refrigerant used.
And also depends on efficient factor of compressor.

dvd365
12-07-2011, 11:58 AM
And also depends on compressor suction temperature, where the fluid has collected heat through the pipe system and other elements.

Sumit
17-07-2011, 02:29 PM
Good replies by seniors , thanks for sharing your knowledge. I can easily understand all comments but i am unable to understand what PETER explained ?

So, Peter i will be thankful to you if you explain it in simple words.