PDA

View Full Version : Panasonic CS-E9DKRW / CU-E9DKR Inverter H16 Error Code

AllenG
05-07-2011, 11:33 AM
Hi.

Over the last little while I have noticed that the outdoor unit seems to be ramping up and down a lot when in operation (heating). usually it just ticks along once up to temperature. Last night was the coldest night we have had this winter and got to around -1 degC frost outside. This morning the indoor unit Timer led was flashing.

The only error code is H16 which looks like it can be one of three things "Power Transistor Module or Outdoor PCB Faulty. Very Low Gas"

I had a problem with low gas last summer where the unit wasn't cooling. the installer found a cracked brass fitting where the piping connected to the indoor unit pipes.

I have powered the unit on & off and it is running again. The outdoor unit does seem to be running pretty hard for the amount of heat coming out of the indoor unit though.
Before calling in the installer I would like to do some homework myself and would appreciate some comments from those with some experience.

1. Given the cold night and the outdoor unit ramping up/down is it likely to be an electronics problem or Very low gas?

2. Is there no warning or error code for low gas pressure without another fault?

3. I believe the unit remembers the last 3 or 4 errors, how do I check for previous errors?

4. the document I have seen says "Fault Codes are cleared from memory by setting Test Cooling and shorting the RESET terminals in the controller battery compartment."

I don't see any Reset terminals in the controller battery compartment. only the recessed "Check" and "Reset" buttons. The Reset button only seems to reset the remote control to default values.

Regards Allen.

AllenG
07-08-2011, 08:47 AM
Hi.

Is there really no one who can offer advice please? :confused:

nike123
07-08-2011, 10:31 AM
With inverters is little difficult to give advice to non-professional.
My first advice is to call technician that he recover and weigh refrigerant.
That would be starting point for further steps.

AllenG
07-08-2011, 10:52 AM
Thanks for the reply. Given the unit resets and runs and only shuts off on the coldest nights and the outdoor unit ramping up/down does this suggest very low gas?

I'm an electrical technician and like try and understand whats likely to be going on so I can recognize when the installer is trying in on with "The compressor is stuffed" when it's only low gas?

Appreciate the help.

Regards Allen.

chillerman2006
07-08-2011, 12:08 PM
I'm an electrical technician

No disrespect meant Allen, but from what i read on this site and from friends in Oz, thats the big problem in Oz & New Zealand

Non refrigeration techs, getting a little knowledge and then an Artick Licence

nike123
07-08-2011, 12:18 PM
[QUOTE=AllenG;235915]Thanks for the reply. Given the unit resets and runs and only shuts off on the coldest nights and the outdoor unit ramping up/down does this suggest very low gas?

On inverter it can suggest many things. Also, any air-conditioner is struggling between 0 and +5°C when humidity is high. Beyond that, it could run perfectly smooth even till -15°C.

I'm an electrical technician and like try and understand whats likely to be going on so I can recognize when the installer is trying in on with "The compressor is stuffed" when it's only low gas?

Appreciate the help.

Regards Allen.

Therefore you should call service tehnician, not installer. Diference is huge.

AllenG
07-08-2011, 08:29 PM
Non refrigeration techs, getting a little knowledge and then an Artick Licence

This is my own equipment I'm trying to understand. I'm not about to get into the refrigeration business. :)

AllenG
07-08-2011, 08:32 PM
[QUOTE]
Therefore you should call service tehnician, not installer. Diference is huge.

OK. Where I live in New Plymouth , NZ they are likely to be the same people.

phil Landon
10-08-2011, 01:59 AM
Think you need to call someone if it is still under warantee, could be something as easy as sensor or something more serious. Unless you are experienced you realy dont want to be tinkering. How old as the unit,

stefs_cruiser
10-08-2011, 03:57 AM
It should stillbe under warranty, call Panasonic NZ or follow the instructions on your warranty card.
And I suspect you will be up for a new compressor :-)

AllenG
10-08-2011, 07:03 AM
How old as the unit,
5 years. :( I think the Warrany is supposed to be 5 years. Just out of warranty.

Allen.

phil Landon
12-08-2011, 05:16 AM
Give Climate a call as they are the local agents in New Plymouth. See what they say. Might be cheaper to get a new unit if the comp has failed. If it isnt to far out of warrantee they may still do the repairs. Panasonic rely on the installer to tell them when the unit was installed as they dont really keep that info like Toshiba and Carrier and even Fujitsu. Might be worth them coming around and having a look anyhow