PDA

View Full Version : Daikin New Style LCD hard wired Remote controller

moondawn
03-07-2011, 02:54 PM
hi all,
installed a Daikin VRV 3-S system this week ran it up on saturday.

system works okay currently left in cooling mode. what could not figure out was how to get the system to work in automatic mode. the system is basically a one to one system a ducted indoor to vrv3 outdoor. 2 pipe connections.

The Controller i am on about is the new one that you get with split systems.

the modes shown do not show AUTO. just cooling heat fan dry etc.

was thinking this may be cos vrv3 2 pipe ie refnets would not allow auto mode to work?

any ideas guys?

install monkey
03-07-2011, 09:06 PM
tried sending u a manual but im at my 25 meg limit!- i cant see anything relevent to enabling auto function in the setting modes on the controller or the outdoor. is it a brc1d52 controller?

moondawn
03-07-2011, 09:37 PM
hi not sure of the model number its the new type remote controller has got LCD screen. If i return back to site will post the model number of remote controller.

the last remote like this i installed was a month ago the unit was a wall mounted unit and it had an option for swing louvre where this one being ducted does not.

so for me the remote controller is given the information from the indoor units as to which style of unit. this is why i am thinking because its VRV 2 pipe that it can not have auto mode. but only guessing.

install monkey
03-07-2011, 09:45 PM
it shouldnt matter as theres only 1 indoor,i fitted 5 vrv3 not s type with 10 indoors on a 2 pipe with 10 indoor controllers . selected the host controller(dedicate a master controller) and that runs in auto mode. i know hitatchi units u have to configure a setng for auto.

moondawn
03-07-2011, 09:58 PM
yeah i would imagine its possible to do, just played around with it looked through the controller manual but could not set AUTO mode. prob try daikin if i go back to site then.

many thanks Imonkey.

mchild
03-07-2011, 11:27 PM
You can set it through the outdoor unit PCB. I assume you know how to make Mode 1, 2 and 3 changes. Follow these steps:

Enter setting mode 3 (press mode+return for 5 seconds)
Setting 3 (press set 3 times then return 1 time)
enable auto (press set 1 time then return 2 times)
exit setting mode (mode 1 time)

moondawn
04-07-2011, 09:27 PM
hi thanks a lot for the info. i now have Auto on the controller. quick question mchild, why is auto not registered on the controller in the first place is it because its a vrv

many thanks lee

mchild
04-07-2011, 11:43 PM
hi thanks a lot for the info. i now have Auto on the controller. quick question mchild, why is auto not registered on the controller in the first place is it because its a vrv

many thanks lee

Lee,

Now that you have the auto change over set you also need to set the temp spread between heating mode and cooling mode.

Not sure why but the VRV-S units are not set from the factory to have auto change over. In fact, I believe I have read in Daikin documentation that the S units can not be set for auto change over. Not sure why they do it this way.

Glad you got it set.

moondawn
05-07-2011, 07:21 PM
hi mchild.

this was done first the min-max temps. but then realised auto was not listed.

many thanks lee