PDA

View Full Version : hubbard killing comp

charlie patt
02-07-2011, 08:08 PM
late 2008 hubbard 460 with the new type hitachi stand by comp running on a l2 h2 citroen relay keeps killing engine comp total seizure just took van on and its had 6 comps already by a previous firm its less than two years old 48 thousand miles the engine comp is being starved of oil fitted a new comp flushed system fitted a mop tev no 2 orifice fitted suction filter and main filter overnight hp test and 6 hr vac ran system for 4 hrs checked orifice and oil level in comp all good, customer has run on standby everynight when in use and ten days later seized another engine comp total lock up, took of no oil in engine comp at all pulled orifice with a small amount of white residue defrost hot gas terminating and set up ok did notice no cpr in it as hubbard always did have them all head pressures good fan speed good and both condensor fans working weel on bpth speeds no debris in sight glass any idea where oil going is it staying in stanby comp? its the hermetic hitachi one did a ph and oil test that was fine? any help system does not have oil sep like a carrier and running mainly freezer spec at minus 18 sometimes chiller very rareley fitted a tm15 last time with sw 68 oil as spec thats what came off/ ta charlie

Edvin
03-07-2011, 05:08 AM
If You say it runs down to -18 I asume it'' on R404. Does the system have a reciever(the oil could be there). You have to check the pressures at -20C maybe the superheat is set wrong (to high) and there is no low pressure(very low) so the compressor sucks it self out of oil and sends it to the system. If this is so - check the superheat regulations.

Cheers, Edvin.

clivemtk
03-07-2011, 01:09 PM
sounds like comp is drawing oil from enginecomp hubbard did a kit to stop it was if i remember correcta valve and some pipework ill see if i still have it

charlie patt
03-07-2011, 07:42 PM
ta clive...... suction pressure at minus 20 is 18 psi superheat set up ok i am about to pull stby comp out and measure oil let us no about kit ta