PDA

View Full Version : Hand oil pumps

Superfridge
01-07-2011, 10:11 AM
I'm looking to get a hand oil pump that can pump good volumes of oil against pressure but all I have seen from the fridgy wholesalers is the likes of the Refco or Yellow Jacket hand pumps that can pump against pressure but can't pump the volumes. We have a good electric pump but it's not always handy.

What do you folks use?

chemi-cool
01-07-2011, 11:33 AM
I use on large compressors and oil reservoirs an electric oil pump.
I can only get the details tomorrow.

chemi-cool
01-07-2011, 03:30 PM
Its called VISCOMAT 70 and you can find all the details here: http://www.flowfitonline.com/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_VISCOMAT_OIL_TRANSFER_PUMPS_480.html

monkey spanners
01-07-2011, 05:17 PM
You could suck some oil into a clean recovery cylinder, vac it out then used the system discharge pressure to push it out again.

I think the pressure you need to be able to pump against with a hand pump limits the volume pet stoke, one with a high volume would need your whole body weight behind it to move any oil, hence the low 50ml per stroke of the refco pump.

install monkey
01-07-2011, 08:23 PM
shut suction and discharge valves and vac out the compressor body only and then use a normal hand pump and the oil will flow a lot better. also get a boy to pump it instead

Brian_UK
01-07-2011, 10:47 PM
Shut the compressor valves, vac out the compressor to 0 psi/bar.

Connect your oil line to the compressor, run vac pump and suck the oil into the compressor.

Superfridge
05-07-2011, 08:50 AM
Thanks for the replys.
I will check out the possiblity of a small gear pump that could run off a electric drill or the like. Had a look at some of the hydrolic outfits recently with out any luck.

Magoo
06-07-2011, 01:24 AM
Hi Superfridge.
My electric pump was supplied by Danfoss Hydraulics in Mt Wellington The size of an average vac pump.