PDA

View Full Version : Question about the starter of split-type air-conditioner

Doug_k
29-06-2011, 11:06 AM
Hi everyone,

Sorry for the seemingly silly post, but I have this little question bugging me a bit: I have a 6 years old LG model air-conditioner, and to turn it on, in the remote, sometimes the (over-sensitive) button turn it on then off (two consecutive 'beeps' emitted from the indoor unit). It's an occasional "oops", but the question is: does this causes any harm to the compressor (to begin startup but being interrupted a split-second after) or more likely, the electronic controller/starter circuit?

I guess it's time to start looking for another compatible remote (it's only US$ 29.99 apparently) but anyway, thanks in advance for any answers!

Doug.

sinewave
29-06-2011, 06:13 PM
I doubt it Doug, most if not all A/C units have a time delay of a few minutes before the compressor kicks in from initial startup command.

$30 is good for a new remote so get one bought before they stop making them!

Doug_k
30-06-2011, 10:51 AM
I doubt it Doug, most if not all A/C units have a time delay of a few minutes before the compressor kicks in from initial startup command.
$30 is good for a new remote so get one bought before they stop making them!

Thanks, I'm glad to hear that this accidental power cycling is harmless - in current economic state, we should make sure we get the most of the life cycle of our appliances. :) In fact, I notice that it takes some time to make any noise or so anything at all after turned on, so I guess this is the protective delay at work.