PDA

View Full Version : Problems with a Beko ca5411ffw

gibbo99
27-06-2011, 11:04 PM
Hi

A couple of days ago the freezer defrosted all the food in it and the fridge compartment felt warm.

Reading some posts on the internet lead me to some information about an icing problem. I did have a look behind the freezer by taking the back off the compartment and sure enough it was full of ice so I followed the advice to let it thaw out.

After leaving it for a day as far as I can tell all the ice has gone and I switched it all back on, the fan in the freezer is operating, it all sounds like it is working and the freezer dropped to around -20c. I puy in 2 small cups of water inside and they froze. But the fridge compartment still felt warm. The freezer does appear to be frosting up at the front on the drawers.

I have put it onto it's maximum setting but the fridge is still warm. But I have a situation now that the back of the fridge compartment all iced up but the temperature reading for the fridge is 12c. (I am confident the reading is correct, the thermometer I am using is a device from where I work, we have some domestic freezers for simple temperature testing our products so I nicked, sorry borrowed, one of to use).

At present there is nothing much in the fridge except for a few bottles of water, some cans of coke and some bottle of beers to see what happens. They are all luke warm.

Thanks in advance

Mark

spimps
28-06-2011, 03:05 PM
When you switch off it needs to be left for 48 hours,doors open then you will be sure it has completely cleared,there is a false back inside the freezer which houses the evaporator which takes time to clear,frost on the draws is a sign it is still blocked.Usually fastened by a few screws or clips and will then pull forward.Should be OK after that,if it did occur again then further investigation will be necessary.

gibbo99
28-06-2011, 06:42 PM
Hi thanks for the reponse.

Yes I had taken off the back of the freezer already and it was iced up. I left it for 24 hours, it was very hot in the UK on the day I did it and it looked completely clear. Maybe the fact that it has been hot over the weekend highlighted the problem.

Maybe I was too hasty thinking it wasn't working because I left it running all night on the top setting and when I got up this morning the fridge was around -5c. I set it to something more sensible and when I got back in from work it was 0c so the fridge is obviously staying cool. I just need to get the correct setting on it again. The frost has gone from the front of the freezer drawers also.

Maybe it just needs to recalibrate itself or something, I don't know. Maybe there is a fault, we shall see but hopefully it is sorted but i'll have to keep an eye on it for a bit to see if it is really fixed.

Thanks again

tb637
30-06-2011, 12:21 AM
Set the dial in the fridge to number 2 and if the ice builds up in the freezer again then you will need a defrost timer. Its located behind a white cover next to the compressor

gibbo99
05-07-2011, 07:21 AM
Thanks again for advice, I had already set it number 3 and it's been working fine.

BUT!

This might have something to do with it. Beko have issued a product recall on the following models because of problems with the defrost time.

CA 5411 FFS/FFW/FFX
CA 7014 FFX
CA 7015 FFW/FFS/FFX

CDA 539 FS/FW/FX
CDA 543 FS/FW/FX
CDA 645 FW
CDA 647 FS/FW
CDA 648 FS/FW
CDA 653 FS/FW/FX
CDA 659 FS
CDA 751 FS/FX
CDA 752 FS/FW/FX