PDA

View Full Version : Variable speed A/C compressor system

Cyril Silberman
27-06-2011, 03:17 AM
Looking for advice installing a retrofit system in a high-rise condo building equipped with a central cooling tower and multiple vertical water source heat pumps. The mission is to replace the two heat pumps with one variable speed compressor unit equipped with a water heat exchanger compatible with the building cooling tower. Three zones/variable speed blowers will be distributed in the space connected with conventional refrigeration piping.

There is an opportunity to replace many of the units in this building if I can work up a good solution however I cannot find a ready made system or unit in the USA that will accommodate this requirement. This concept is popular in Japan but so far I have had no luck trying to coax either Daikin or Panasonic to enter the market in the US, at least not at the distributer level.

Thus I am preparing to try to piece my own solution together and any comments, advice, warnings, or equipment suppliers would be appreciated. The project is located in Miami, FL and each apartment will require about 80,000 BTU of peak cooling with the average cooling approximately 30,000 BTU historically.
Thanks in advance, Cyril