PDA

View Full Version : Law now in force

Abe
24-06-2011, 12:21 PM
http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2011/1543/made

r.bartlett
24-06-2011, 12:47 PM
my understanding is that there is another month before it becomes law?

TRASH101
24-06-2011, 01:44 PM
And which law is this one Abe?

ODS storage?

A cursory read has revealed very little :confused:

Abe
25-06-2011, 01:32 PM
my understanding is that there is another month before it becomes law?

20th July 2011 it comes into force.

Trash

See the link, its about Ozone Depleting Substances

Argus
25-06-2011, 10:28 PM
And which law is this one Abe?

ODS storage?

A cursory read has revealed very little :confused:

I believe that the 'new' EU Regulation mentioned by Abe is the 2009 recast of the ODS Regulations of 2000, which reflect the changes in place since 2000 as the phase-out of ODS takes effect.

This has resulted in a new set of EU laws relevant to the state of play with ODS as they exist now.

I think that the aspects of the 2000 ODS regulations and the later revisions and recasts will be dealt with in detail as they apply to fitters and handlers of ODS in the CITB / C&G safe handling qualifications.

This means that the 'new' UK law is the implementation in British law of the offences and penalties resulting from the recast Regulation.

It's normal practice. The EU Regulation has direct effect throughout the EU.
Where member states implement it, they have to identify the offences that may be comitted and the penalties that will apply in a sucessful prosecution. This is what's happened here within the time frame set out in the Regulation.

TRASH101
27-06-2011, 10:02 AM
Thanks Abe, once again you bring enlightenment when the darkness of beauraucracy threatens to envelope clarity.

Cheers good sir

Abe
29-06-2011, 10:28 AM
Sorry guys, had an operation on Monday and recovering, my mind consumedwith apprehension before, and now dealing with recovery, hence the silence on my part.

Abe

TRASH101
29-06-2011, 01:54 PM
An operation !!!! :eek:

I trust it was nothing too serious, and may your recovery be painless and swift.

Abe
29-06-2011, 11:09 PM
Hi 101, I feel decidedly awful calling you "trash" which I am certain you are mst definately not! :)

Thx for your good wishes, am over the worst , was a surgical procedure, the surgeons had the task to repair a tear in the stomach lining membrane just above the groin.

The anesthetic was intresting, knocked me out cold, but am over the worst, the pain receding and am walking about now, even planning on popping into the office Friday afternoon.

Maybe Ill have a look at this legislation which my fellow Mod Argus has so capably explained........and see what brought it on.

Thx for bearing with me, Ill be more careful before throwing dubious links on legislations on to this forum and then staying "mum" as our articulate members can detect a smug approach a mile away !!

:)