PDA

View Full Version : Expansion Valve?

fastballbaker
24-06-2011, 05:14 AM
Question for the pros? My toyota sienna van does not cool as good as it should. Compressor is good, ***** level is great but just not cooling very well. Had somone tell me the expansion valve could be bad. Is this a possibility and what does the expansion valve do? What would happen if the expansion valve was not working right?
Thanks

chemi-cool
24-06-2011, 08:49 AM
Have you tried cleaning the evaporator filter? Wash the condenser?

a/c.king
24-06-2011, 10:57 AM
Hi mate

I’ll list for you some off problems that cause Toyotas air con system to be inefficient

1- Receiver dryer

a- partially blocked

b- the inside core is lapsed and sent debris to the TXvalve causing inadequate refrigerant flow

2-TX valve not working properly

3- Condenser fans not good enough

4- Heating cooling air damper not fully shutting making the cooling airmixing with heating air

Check and let me know how did u go

Regards

a/cking

Magoo
25-06-2011, 02:23 AM
Hi Fast ball.
try selecting re-circulating air option so you cool your vehicle and not the USA. Saves alot of fuel as well.

fastballbaker
25-06-2011, 02:17 PM
What is a TX valve?

stufus
25-06-2011, 03:49 PM
TX =Thermostatic expansion valve
Check the pollen filter if you have one
Cheers
Stu

charlie patt
25-06-2011, 08:49 PM
put on recirc does it sound diferent/ it may be on but if flaps not working you get poor efficientcy// is the suction line sweating is it better in morning when cold then say ten mins into a trip/ can you hear a boiling/dripping noise when ac is on.... in the uk our model has a orifice not a tev/x but the states may be different