PDA

View Full Version : TK-Sporlan 12vdc MKC-2 valves sticking on remote road transport evaporators

Slurryman
22-06-2011, 08:32 AM
Greetings cool persons :cool:
Can anyone advise if there is a TK Service bulletin regarding TK/Sporlan 12vdc MKC-2 Valves sticking on remote evaporators for Road Transport ?
I have a copy of a memo issued by Sporlan advising of the potentional for these valves to stick open due to residual magnetism for batches manufactured early 2011.
I also have the Brass washer supplied by Sporlan to resolve the issue, with instruction note.
I am wondering whether there is a TK equivalent to this bulletin.

Thanks in anticipation !

charlie patt
22-06-2011, 07:36 PM
dont be silly tk dont have faults and if they do its never there fauly/ no seriously there was a memeo 129/spor 349/1 adviseing on this we have not done one / could be due to the fact there is that much vibration of road or fans it dont stick ta charlie

Slurryman
23-06-2011, 01:38 AM
Hello Charlie,

Yes, I have the Sporlan Bulletin F230-100-44 dated April 5, 2011. I am curious however to known when TK are going to pass on the news to the rest of us who may be affected ! I would anticipate TK would/will develop a service bulletin or note of their own.

cheers

Magoo
23-06-2011, 05:03 AM
Hi slurryman.
Interesting problem with DC coils, out of interest, the brass washer where is it fitted? under the coil or on top of coil. If under then the coil feild is degraded an then lets go. The work/ energy is done activating energizing the coil and a residual voltage will actually hold it open [ your problem] DC voltage is weird stuff. Had similar problem with DC contactor coils hanging up, and had to fit snubber blead resistors across contactor coils, no brass washers applicable.

gravy258
23-06-2011, 08:26 AM
9th april 2010, campaign bulletin 511,

subject:Hot Gas and Liquid Line Solenoid Coils in SPECTRUM SB SR-2 Trailer Units

discussion: The solenoid coils on hot gas solenoids and liquid line solenoids in SPECTRUM SB SR-2
Trailer units and the hot gas solenoids in the remote evaporators may cause the valves to
stay open when de-energized. The solenoid coils on solenoids with date codes from 3109
to 5009 may retain a small amount of residual magnetism, which can cause the valves to
stay open when de-energized. To eliminate this residual magnetism a brass washer
should be installed between the coil and the stem of the valve.

blah blah, stick in the brass washer..

Slurryman
24-06-2011, 06:43 AM

subject:Hot Gas and Liquid Line Solenoid Coils in SPECTRUM SB SR-2 Trailer Units

discussion: The solenoid coils on hot gas solenoids and liquid line solenoids in SPECTRUM SB SR-2
Trailer units and the hot gas solenoids in the remote evaporators may cause the valves to
stay open when de-energized. The solenoid coils on solenoids with date codes from 3109
to 5009 may retain a small amount of residual magnetism, which can cause the valves to
stay open when de-energized. To eliminate this residual magnetism a brass washer

Ahhh, thats what I'm looking for Gravy :). Next to find a copy of the bulletin:D.

Ahhhh Magoo, The brass washer sits under the solenoid but on top of the stem. Interesting experience. We have NEVER had a problem with Danfoss DC solenoids. Think I'll cut one open for some education.

Cheers Gents

djbe
24-06-2011, 10:22 PM

If the coil retains residual magnetism why not just replace the coil with on that doesn't instead of a bodge fix?

gravy258
27-06-2011, 08:54 AM
from what i understand it magnetises the nut that holds the coil in place, so some have been removing this and using a zip tie to hold the coil on. Theres also a thread in reefertek about this.

Slurryman
30-06-2011, 01:55 AM
Thank you gentlemen :D for your much appreciated input. I have now seen a copy of the TK Service Bulletin #533 and it is dated April 2011 which is essentially the same as the Sporlan advisory notice.

Excellent service Gravy and Magoo :)

Thanks again and cheers for now !!!