PDA

View Full Version : daikin ftxn25 strange compressor errors

expresso
22-06-2011, 08:29 AM
hi there! i'm newbie here, i'm glad that i've found this forum. maybe somebody could help me, who knows..
so i 've just installed daikin ftxn25 air split unit, but sometimes the internal unit shuts off with L5 error. after i swap power cord again it works as usual without issues but within 2-3 hours the error could be repeated. according daikin error codes table, this means that i have "Compressor motor grounded or short circuit, inverter PCB fault" fault. i have not a ground in my house indeed cause it's not possible in the moment and in the near future. and it seems that technicians have grounded my outdoor unit (according what they have said to me). if so, could it be a SC or compressor overload?
so the main question - is mo outdoor unit damaged or protection did its job well? so i've ordered an ups to prevent possible abnormal currents or ground issues.
yesterday i turned on ftxn25 through ups hoping L5 error will gone. i wanted to sleep all the night with night mode but - after 3 hours i got H6 error, which means "Outdoor Compressor motor position detection sensor error" (this is from the original Daikin error table - on my native language in the manual this error designates simple "compressor motor has been turned off". so it's definitely something goin wrong with compressor itself, isn't it? (the L5 error had not been showed up - but i used ftxn25 only for about 3 hours via ups so it's not really comfirmed that L5 has gone). i've also found an info that compressor issues could be the result of ***** leakage. i called technicians and maybe the situation will get some clearance but overall - what do you think about it with all your experience?

Brian_UK
22-06-2011, 11:38 PM
These machines are sensitive to poor power supply issues.

I am surprised that you do not an earth or ground in your electrical system, sounds dangerous.

expresso
23-06-2011, 06:44 AM
These machines are sensitive to poor power supply issues.

I am surprised that you do not an earth or ground in your electrical system, sounds dangerous.
thanks for your reoly, i'm very appreciated
yeah i know about grounding - but in my house this option is missed because the house itself is rather old (80th) so at this moment it's not possible to have it. the technician who did all mounting works said he made a ground to outdoor unit. but anyway the problem is persist. and on the other hand - it stiops even with working ups. actually i understand that there is something wrong with compressor current - as it requires a stable 50hrz to work, any good ups or stabilizer could help. but it's not.
the problem also is that daikin don't wonna repair their units. this is seller's duty