PDA

View Full Version : Toshiba Super Modulus Multi R410A

Kirky
21-06-2011, 04:14 PM
Hi guys hope all is well.

Got a call out to a Toshiba Super Modulus Multi master and slave unit. On arrival found that the unit wasn't cooling but didn't have any faults on the controllers.

The system is made up of 7 indoor cassettes 1-4 feeding main seating area, 5 feeding meeting room with own controller, 6 feeding entrance area and 7 feeding chill out room with own controller. indoor unit 6 is on same controller as 1-4.

All controller temp setpoint settings were set up wrong 18 in heating etc.

Put all controllers in test cool and attached gauges. Compressors started on both master and slave outdoor units but fans only run at very low speed. Suction pressure 3 bar discharge 21 bar.

Switched over to test heat and fans start as normal unit seems fine heating indoor areas no problem Suction 33 bar discharge 26 bar.

Decided to check indoors units were clean and we didn't have any blocked filters. What I did find was that indoor unit 6 entrance area wasn't running checked power supply and had power into pcb checked all fuses on pcb which were fine.

The funny thing was that the rest of the system seemed to be working fine with all other areas maintaining a 20 degree set point. So basically the only evidence of a fault is the low speed condenser fans and indoor unit 6 not running. The controllers are not showing any fault codes and the rest of the systems seems OK. For some reason cassette 6 is being held off could this be causing the low suction pressure.

Any pearls of wisdom most welcome

regcooldude
21-06-2011, 06:44 PM
what model numbers are the outdoors?

Brian_UK
21-06-2011, 10:53 PM
Is there diversity in this system?

Is the gas charge correct?

The low condenser fan speed could be because of the low discharge pressure or the other way around.

Kirky
22-06-2011, 08:56 AM
Outdoor model numbers MMY-MAP1201HT8-E . The gas charge was correct turns out that there have been some mods recently. One cassette has been moved and 2 controllers added to system originally all cassettes were in same open plan area with 1-6 being on one controller and 7 having it's own controller spoken to engineers who did the job they are adement that gas charge was correct and leak test held for 24 hrs. They also tell me that when they left system was working fine. Think I'll check the system charge and do a leak test whilst I'm at it still don't know why cassette 6 is being held off though ?

install monkey
22-06-2011, 08:54 PM
u have e mail

Kirky
22-06-2011, 09:52 PM
Yes I got email thanks very much cheers