PDA

View Full Version : Versatemp - manuals/ service info ?

weirdscenes
15-06-2011, 10:43 AM
Hi Good peeple
Before you ask - yes I have checked ALL the threads which mention versatemp.
I am responsible for (among others) a building which has around 25 above-ceiling versatemp units. We have no info at all on these units and they have been somewhat neglected for some time
There may well be some variation in siszes but just had a look at one of em ( not working - no fault code (?)
Model VH 304 serial number 293/33 R22 (to be confirmed)
Can anyone help with a manual of and info at all ?
They have a wall mounted controller and a common condenser located outside the building.
Access is difficult - not just because they are in the ceiling void above desks and equipment - but also because building access is tighly controlled by security - so we need as much info a possible before the fact.
I am told that prior to my arrival these units would just be removed and sent away for repair if faulty.
At this point I don't even know where to look for fault codes or if there is any form of central control or what.
As always ANY help will be greatly appreciated

simon@parker
15-06-2011, 08:24 PM
have worked on them yr best bet is to take one apart yr self or send it away lol they very simple bits of kit am guessing they all have water cooled condensers ones i worked on had a hp and simple stat fitted and were fully self contained if its got anything else on it you got a special lol :) good luck with them oh and if you do strip one take yr time a million and 1 screws hold it all together :)

still learning
16-06-2011, 07:14 PM
hi, apart from the cooling condenser with the fans , there will be a boiler of some description and a set of pumps one set for the primary loop and another larger set for the main loop.
the waterloop will need to be at a certian tempreture for the versatemps to work .
i think they are italian made by clivert. the new ones are 407c .
you can link them together and operate with one controller , out of the group one will be set as a master ( only one dip sw moved ) or as a slave ( 2 dipps moved ) you can interogate the the controller and see the compressor ,on/off , and inlet outlet temps .
flo rate of the loop can effect them also.
we changed one the otherday, sadly i dont hav eany manuals on my pc.
the uk reps for them are a company called tempreture , will have a look for for some contact details .
hope you have a genie hoist to take one out the ceiling as they weigh a ton.
i have a load of spares for the r22 units , as we now replace with the 407c units , they only hold 700 grammes or so if i remember correct (could be wrong).
also in side the unit there is filters in the pipe work, which can clog up, after a burn out..

r.bartlett
16-06-2011, 07:27 PM
Speak to Andrew Mayes at Clivet in Fareham he's the gem kiddie on these bad boy's

weirdscenes
18-06-2011, 05:42 AM
Thanks to you guys
I was present about 3 months ago when we replaced 3 repaired units (used a gas powered genie)
They had been sent off somewhere for repair and it was a real mission to get em re-connected to power water and ducting.
There is a plant room out back with boiler etc and a condenser nearby.
As yet I haven't had a chance to investigate (off sick) but will have a good look before phoning Andrew Mayes.
I am greatful for the help - nice to know there are still people out there willing to help - (but that's always been my experience with engineers)

regards

Tony