PDA

View Full Version : The perfect instal

Goober
15-06-2011, 06:10 AM
Check out the links below.......The premises these are installed in, is owned/operated by person/persons from overseas, from a country that has a red flag and a big square where a revolution almost took place and a guy stood in front of a tank and a lot cheap crap comes from.....I was only using the car park and the bowling facilities. The person from overseas happily negotiated price and organised a bowling lane in broken english. Quite good broken english. But, what a surprise, when i asked who installed his AC units, suddenly no english!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SW4wU3sNDSM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMEJ8cW3td4&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

install monkey
15-06-2011, 09:01 PM
haha quality!-installs like that last for years as normally theres no gas in them.

simon@parker
15-06-2011, 09:10 PM
wow quality install i have a pic of a condensing unit in a local pub on those flexi lines its on a chipboard bracket facing the wall looks a tip top job compared to that :)

Goober
15-06-2011, 10:17 PM
I actually think the buisness owners probably installed them themselves, All the indoor units were the same brand/model....some unpronouncable name. and I suspect that they came as a complete kitset. Why else would they not bother shortening the cables in the first vid. I've actually reported this installation to our Electrical Workers Registration Board. Don't see that they'll be able to do to much about it though.

install monkey
15-06-2011, 10:32 PM
i wonder if a fridgie,comissioned them?

Goober
15-06-2011, 10:37 PM
One would hope no self respecting Fridgie went near this...

superswill
15-06-2011, 10:51 PM
WOW, even my pipe work would look good next to that!!

alan_man
16-06-2011, 03:10 PM
LOL think i just chucked up abit whilst laughing

glenn1340
16-06-2011, 03:27 PM
oh **** I`d better up my game if I want to keep up with that craftsmanship

paul_h
16-06-2011, 04:06 PM
You know what annoyed me the most?
The pre insulated pipes. Not all of them had it, so maybe different installers there then?

Funny, but I'm sick of proper installers using the pre lagged pair coil when the pipework is exposed to UV.
Don't get me wrong, the stuff is fine for long runs in ceilings, under ducting/trunking going all the way between the indoor and outdoor unit. I don't use it much, but sometimes with 1/4"x3/8" I will. (still useless for 5/8" though, can't bend it so what is the point?)

But for ****s sake stop putting it exposed to UV. Cover the stuff up. Even worse when commonly used to connect to a roof top condensing unit. What the hell are they thinking?
People who do that are supposed to know what they are doing! Their installs end up looking no better than the ones in this thread.

edit: Don't get me started on mushroom head nylon knock ins,(work of satan), or the fact that no installers here de-burr before flaring :)

mkirsch
16-06-2011, 10:22 PM
Just looooooool

MikeHolm
17-06-2011, 11:22 AM
Since we are on to pipework, you go into a building and the water lines are all strung with PEX and you can't make that stuff look like to the old days of straight copper lines. Does everyone have to get in and out so fast that there is no pride in their work anymore (obviously not, judging from the above pics)

Impoloexoto
17-06-2011, 01:06 PM
Итальянские врачи обратились для властям с серьезным требованием ввести санкции, которые будут помогать бороться с курением беременных женщин. Врачи утверждают, сколько дети, находящиеся в утробе матери, не являются курильщиками, а следовательно их права не могут нарушаться. Профессор Клаудио Джиорландино отмечает, сколько некоторый женщины продолжают жечь в ход беременности, хотя знают о вреде такой привычки. Таким образом, они не уважают своего будущего ребенка и должны ехать за это наказание. Интерестно... Вот что вы об этом думаете? А давайте обсудим одит интерестный , я думаю момент. Точнее небольшую цитату из новостей. Да кстате. Нашла очень даже не плохой видеоонлаин (http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=201&ved=0CBUQFjAAOMgB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fdev0.ru%2Fhentay&CBUQFjAAOMgBDimaHieneLebysics). Главное полезного много и без рекламы!!! Извените, отвлекаюсь, собственно говоря перейдем к самой выдетжке.

taz24
17-06-2011, 01:56 PM
Check out the links below.......The premises these are installed in, is owned/operated by person/persons from overseas, from a country that has a red flag and a big square where a revolution almost took place and a guy stood in front of a tank and a lot cheap crap comes from.....I was only using the car park and the bowling facilities. The person from overseas happily negotiated price and organised a bowling lane in broken english. Quite good broken english. But, what a surprise, when i asked who installed his AC units, suddenly no english!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SW4wU3sNDSM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMEJ8cW3td4&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

Do ya know that’s what makes me smile about people like you.
You always go in critically pulling people down.
Don’t think of it as a bad install, think of it as an expression of disbelief in
our capitalist governments control on individuals freedom to live their own lives.
Or
Think of it as a peace of working contemporary art and an expression of his creative side. :)

All the best

taz

Gideon Beddows
20-06-2011, 09:46 AM
time to dig out my install tools, i think?

Goober
21-06-2011, 05:19 AM
Yeah...Righto Taz!! :)

mad fridgie
21-06-2011, 05:33 AM
If the installer got paid a bowl of rice, then a pretty good install if you ask me. You can not get a Rolls Royce for the price of a Lada, why should installing an AC be any different.

mikeref
21-06-2011, 09:07 AM
I guess there will always be different standards for different people or countries they live in. It does boil down to the cost or, do i give a toss factor, however... certain standards, I think should considered to be important to the people that live in that area. If the install looks bad then it is possible the working life of the equipment may be up to debate. Only time will tell.. Paul H, i could feel the heat generated from your place in Perth.. with your last comment, way over here on the east coast... Some 4,000 kms away;)!!. Could do with some of that heat now as overnight temps are resulting in frost conditions here in the mountains. Shiver and shake:rolleyes::eek:, teeth chattering, fingers going numb:off topic:!!.. Frozen Mike.

paul_h
21-06-2011, 09:43 AM
Well it's either work for warranty on new splits and see horrible dodgey installs on half the jobs and earn nothing/stuff all; or just do out of warranty stuff, and get cheap chinese brand stuff with no parts available on half the jobs.
Lots of work out there for some one who answers their phone though...
It's just an annoying line of work.

r0ss
28-06-2011, 04:53 PM
Is it weird that whenever i go away on holiday, one of the first things i do when im looking around at the scenery is check out the stunning air con installations?

Cuba had some fine examples.

:-o

Goober
29-06-2011, 12:58 PM
[QUOTE=r0ss;232925]Is it weird that whenever i go away on holiday, one of the first things i do when im looking around at the scenery is check out the stunning air con installations?

Cuba had some fine examples.

:-o

Been to Cuba........awesome place...can't say I remember seeing to many AC installs. Mind you, I was taking a liking to the local Rum on every occcasion I could. Was on holiday.

MikeHolm
29-06-2011, 01:42 PM
Not enough electricity in Cuba for much cooling, defo enough Rum.