PDA

View Full Version : Hitachi Chiller Fault

troymedhurst
12-06-2011, 11:26 AM
Hi,
Hopefully some of you chaps might be able to help me.
Got called out to a RCUE 120 AGT chiller with a F1-42 fault code.
Checked on my lap top and found fault related to comms between inverter board and fan control board and fan module.
From what I can read the F1 says that it is circuit 1 and that the 4 tells me the type of fault it is and the 2 tells me what fan it is.
Am I reading the fault correctly?
There is four fan modules on this circuit and each module is addressed by means of dipswitches. From the technical I go through diagnostic flow chart and get to check fan module, but no info on how to check fan module.
I changed two of the addresses around (on the fan modules) and reset system expecting to see the fault bring up f1-44 instead of F1-42, but fault F1-42 still came up. Also I noticed that the comms link on the fan modules were linked in series from 1-4, so I also re arranged this in case comms was getting to board 2, but no further then bringing up problem with no 2. but this still brought up fault F1-42. I have check fans for being down to earth and same resistances and they are ok.
I have spoke to Hitachi tech and the guy there really could not help me saying that all he could do is reference from the same manual as mine.
Any help would be great thanks