PDA

View Full Version : walk in chiller

COBRAKAI
08-06-2011, 08:48 PM
Going to have a look at a walk in chiller tomorrow. Its not cooling and apparently there is almost equal pressures from high side and low side. I think its a danfoss optumam? The last engineer wanted to change compressor but system is approx 4 months old. Any one any ideas that would cause this fault?

While Iv got a post could any one tell me what is meant by the term of hunting in the evap?

goshen
08-06-2011, 09:32 PM
Hi
i assume you mean a walk in freezer,or refrigerator?
you should give some more detailes,type of compressor ,refrigerant,what are the equal pressures you have ,does the system pump down when it reaches the temp?is the low set correctly?
many questions ,that is what this biz is pretty much about!
good luck

charlie patt
08-06-2011, 10:09 PM
provideing comp is running equal pressures indicates bad comp fit a clampmeter and sea what run amps is, not that long ago i went to a install with same problem only a week old not fitted by ourself, the tev was in but no orifice that made me smile hunting useually means unit requireing ref but not getting it with eractic gauge pressure no steady pressures needles all over the place i believe

COBRAKAI
09-06-2011, 05:58 PM
goshen thanks for posting but did not have any other details as post was put on last night and was going to look at chiller today.

Charlie boy spot on we now have a mystery in our work. The orifice was missing. I know it was installed because i installed the system. Now the other engineer who attended said he only looked at expansion valve. Beat this when i asked the other engineer what the back pressure was he said he couldn't tell me because he didn't connect the low side. Even though he said he had equal pressures. What the....? He was receiving 180 head pressure so he rallied gas into it.. What the....? When I told him I only decanted 250g and I had charged with 1.2kg when comm he then said oh yea I let some go aswell... he just done his 79 last week.. oh jebus!!! Then another eng attended who decided the compressor had failed!!! I don't know if the second eng has removed it yet not had a chance to speak to him. Believe it or not 1 is an hvac manager of North West and the other is senior supervisor to engineers. lol

paddyaircon
15-06-2011, 07:07 PM
Who trained these people? how ......... forget it lol

cadwaladr
15-06-2011, 08:55 PM
its called muppetry,stupidity,lunacy,it must have been the same people who gave stevie wonder a driving license