PDA

View Full Version : daikin cass byc71fjw1 no light on wired remote

gwm121
08-06-2011, 06:12 PM
10 year old daikin r22 system, one outdoor feeds 4 wallmounts and one cassette, the wallmounts ork, the cassette has a problem.

Following a service where nothing was disturbed which would produce an electrical fault.... and the system left operating! a day later the light on the wired remote to byc71fjw1 cassette is not on and remote controller doesnt operate cassette.

earth to term 1 on cass is 240v,
240v at either end both fuses
No leds are on on on board.
The othe wallmounts on the system work

Any ideas? Can I localise the fault to board or remote? Can I get a wiring diagram (6pm now so cant contact daikin) Help very much appreciated

install monkey
08-06-2011, 08:12 PM
is there an external tank pump on the cassette with the fail safe wired through the neutral?
u should have a green flashing led on the indoor board on old daikin 240 on 1 and 3 (3-neutral)
2 is ur pulsed comms signal .

gwm121
09-06-2011, 06:39 AM
Thank you I.M.
There is a pump but the saftey relay wires have not been used.

I think I need to know what supply goes to pcb board, where to check on board, does the main pcb take the voltage down for power to brd and where to check, what voltage are expected on the wired remote control ..and how do I force the unit to start from the cassette to eliminate the remote

As soon as i can get some information as to where exactly to check for neutral on the board itself I will be checking neutral to power is 240v

Thank you for confirming term 3 is neutral, that is useful.
is term 2 pused 12, 50 250 or digital, a/c or d.c?

Again Thank you for the time to point in right direction.

install monkey
09-06-2011, 06:45 PM
whats the model no of the indoor? ill look for a manual-byc ref is for the cover

frank
09-06-2011, 08:33 PM
With no lights on the indoor cassette pcb the transformer should be looked at if you have 240v at the 1 & 3 terminals.

Without power to the indoor pcb the controller will be dead as this takes its power via the P1 P2 terminals