PDA

View Full Version : Low Discharge Superheat

soban
08-06-2011, 02:13 PM
Hello to all,
My system is Petra Aircooled chiller with Bitzer screw compressor. Last two days I am facing low discharge superheat alarm on MCS control board. Discharge temperature is 55c (while ambient temperature +48c) and saturated temperature +50c and superheat is +5c So the system is going low discharge super heat. I replaced discharge temperature sensor but still the discharge temperature is showing as +55c only and others do the same. The system is equipped with (expansion valve) Electronic superheat controller Alco EXV8 with its driver.
Anybody have solution, Please write now.
waiting for valuable reply
Soban Kuwait.

JoeAT50A
09-06-2011, 02:43 AM
Compressor Discharge temperature should be around 100++c (while ambient temperature +48c)
Just measure the pipe temperaute with handheld digital thermometer, if still 55C, you have too much liquid.

HVACRsaurus
09-06-2011, 03:06 AM
Low discharge superheat is usually caused by refrigerant liquid flooding the compressor or in the case of screw compressor, very cold oil temperature. With ambients as high as indicated I'd suggest it must be liquid floodback, recommend measuring suction superheat at compressor, be mindful of possible leakage from suction/liquid heat exchangers or liquid injection device if fitted.

soban
09-06-2011, 06:29 AM
Thanx Let me check out.