PDA

View Full Version : Help on YORK Split Spares, are they available ?

S_Line
07-06-2011, 02:52 PM
Hi Folks, can you still purchase YORK AC split spares ?

Ive searched with google and only found US sites with parts.

I have a Cassette that requires a new PCB, sensor, and infra red reciever board.
The customer is phoning every hour !! :lol:

install monkey
07-06-2011, 09:34 PM
climate ctr can get york spares-not cheap though

Makeit go Right
07-06-2011, 11:54 PM
Cassette model number?

Tesla
08-06-2011, 07:48 AM
Hi S_line
do all those parts really need replacing? The sensor should be easy and the IR sensor then the PCB could be repaired. It is not normal to have all of these components fail. I only post this after recently contacting tech support for a cassette unit and ended up replacing the PCB then the support said I should replace the coil sensor which I did but found poor connection to the condensate pump which almost fixed it. found the unit was wired backwards on the solanoid valve for the condenser water.

S_Line
08-06-2011, 08:12 AM
Thank you for the replies, we have found in the past its more cost effective to replace a whole board than to spend time trying to fault find and repair it. Imagine the customer saying, oh well you spent 4 hours trring to repair it, but you could not why should i pay you the 4 hours for trying ?

model is
York MKH35C 17 cassette.

9805-13472

The inside coil has frozen over to a possible faulty thermistor/ low on refrigerant.
Then thawing out causeing water damage to the main pcb, its a infra red remote unit, and also no longer recieves a signal, but could be the main pcb.
We cant fart about trying different bits, its needs fixing in one visit, job done, if we dont the customer wont pay the bill and complains.