PDA

View Full Version : Oil pressure control

ironmen
05-06-2011, 05:37 AM
Hey guys i have to replaced an oil pressure control on a system that's got an external timer and the pressure device is remote but the control voltage is 24v ac i havent got that pressure control switch can i use a standard switch but just use the pressure and still use that external timer which is 24v.any advise guys.

Grizzly
05-06-2011, 07:14 AM
How do you allow for poor oil pressure (or oil diff pressure) if you have no operational delay built into your oil pressure safety circuit.
That would seem to be your dilemma, if I am reading what you are describing correctly?
Grizzly

ironmen
05-06-2011, 01:36 PM
there is a timer its separate from the two pressure port.there is two terminal on the actual pressure mechanism and the timer is external.is that make sense.its not like a normal switch that the timer is built in.

Grizzly
06-06-2011, 06:51 AM
Sorry I am not sure I can help?
I cannot think of what make switch you have.
Do you have any details you can post?
Grizzly

PaulZ
06-06-2011, 07:55 AM
Hi ironman
I presume the original OFS was just a pressure diff switch (Penn P74 or equiv) sending a signal to the delay timer. you should be able to use a standard OFS (Penn P28 or equiv) and only use the pressure switch contacts and not the built in delay.
Paul