PDA

View Full Version : Did we really need to do all this

kuhler
04-06-2011, 08:40 PM
Iknow the ozone has more holes in it than the titanic and the world is warming up so much we will all have tomatoe plants 12 ft high with out a green house but is this new refrigerant gas training and legislation just away to make money.I started in this job in 1982 at a company called wm allans we used r12 r22 and r502 they all worked fine didnt split into components and didnt leak through any slight orafice they may find.Couldnt we have just kept them but made it that any one who blew off refrigerant didnt pressuer test or leak test correctly was fined locked up or shot at dawn.The whole thing seems to be just a way of shutting down the small firms because of expense and pouring millions of pounds into the pockets of training companies and manufactuers .I may be wrong and if iam please tell me im always open to other opinions

Grizzly
04-06-2011, 09:35 PM
Kuhler.
Welcome to the forum.
You are a little late my friend, your sentiments are shared by many on this forum.
But most of us, myself included moaned in a similar way prior to the inclusion of 2079 and all it implies.
The regs are there and moaning is not going to change diddly squat.
If you actually read some of the previous few years worth of posts.
You would realise that this topic has been "done to death" and why I am answering in the fashion that I am.

Welcome to the forum and I hope we will benefit from some of your obvious wealth of experience?
I look forward to hearing from you again.
Grizzly.

AUScooler:-)
05-06-2011, 12:02 PM
Iknow the ozone has more holes in it than the titanic and the world is warming up so much we will all have tomatoe plants 12 ft high with out a green house but is this new refrigerant gas training and legislation just away to make money.I started in this job in 1982 at a company called wm allans we used r12 r22 and r502 they all worked fine didnt split into components and didnt leak through any slight orafice they may find.Couldnt we have just kept them but made it that any one who blew off refrigerant didnt pressuer test or leak test correctly was fined locked up or shot at dawn.The whole thing seems to be just a way of shutting down the small firms because of expense and pouring millions of pounds into the pockets of training companies and manufactuers .I may be wrong and if iam please tell me im always open to other opinions

In Australia service techs doing a repair cannot leak test with a refrigerant however Australian manufacturers can leak test with a refrigerant. So our hard work basically gets pissed down the drain anyhow so the manufacturers can save a few dollars.