PDA

View Full Version : beko ap930x fridge freezer fault

jjbell7
04-06-2011, 02:27 PM
Hello, i recently fitted a fan to the freezer side and when doing so noticed a lot of ice build up at the bottom. i cleared the ice but it seems to be coming back, there is a little stream of water coming from somewhere but i can't figure out where from. i have turned the icemaker off and turned off the water supply also. any ideas please, thanks

ARNL
05-06-2011, 09:31 PM
Hi
check that the defrost drain line (the drain hole under the evaporator) isn't iced-up or blocked, that causes a build up of ice after the defrosted water runs over in to the freezer space some times

jjbell7
13-06-2011, 08:59 PM
hello all, i have turned off the water supply to the fridge freezer and the build up of ice has stopped, just got to find the leak on the water supply now, anyone had this fault or knows a good place to start looking? thanks

jjbell7
20-06-2011, 12:40 AM
i thought the ice build up had stopped but no, so it can't be from the water supply. can anyone tell me how a frost free freezer has ice? where is the water coming from, i can't see any drain hole for defrost as mentioned earlier, thanks

jjbell7
03-07-2011, 09:34 PM
still no closer to solution but found this on google, any thoughts? the evaporator is covered in a fine frost, should this be so?

Don't buy a BEKO AP930! I've had mine 18 months. Didn't take out the extended warentee and now am I regretting it! Albeit the fridge and freezer still both work, but the gadget you buy this model for is the ice/water dispencer and flashy lights on the front of the door. Am I right? Well inside the dispencer there is a mechanical flap that seals the opening when not in use. This flap has snapped and consequently letting room air back into the freezer. The air enters and begins to defrost the freezer causing ice to build to large levels. I have since blocked the dispenser to cure the problem but miss the ice dispencer. Enquired about repair and the prognosis not good. Change the door! Doesn't sit right after only 18 months I should pay for any repair.

frankie30776
12-10-2011, 11:38 PM
I have the same problem with the flap and have just bought spare for £5.49 and am going to fit myself. remove front dispaly and change part. I've had my ap930x for about 5 years and have had all the littke niggles you can read about online. Water stops working = frozen inside door, water tank leaking which leads to water under bottom tray. Ice machine stopped working E8 error = change sensor as wire frayed. All new parts ordered and fitted myself. However would not swop for the world as when it works its great and even after all this time looks modern and Beko service support have always been really helpful.