PDA

View Full Version : R22 drop in no trials ?

devlin maguire
01-06-2011, 01:24 PM
I was reading an article on various drop ins for 22 and I was amazed that very few of the main players in equipment have done any trials on their kit with various drop ins, instead the blurb was if customers want to try a drop in we will not get involved period, this is astonising, so they want us to by new gear instead of retrofitting I cant find the bloody web sit agai or I would post a link, whats your take on this guys, going to look for it again
Dev,

Fri3Oil System
01-06-2011, 04:32 PM
then, you can switch to R407C and R404A that have been tested by the manufacturers, and are common to all gas producers ;)

regards,

Nando.

devlin maguire
01-06-2011, 04:56 PM
Both require an oil change, I was talking about drop ins for iterim use

chemi-cool
01-06-2011, 05:35 PM
Devlin,
I have seen around here a drop in called DYR5, Google it for details.

I have started to use R-422D by Dupont. One of the first retrofits was a large chiller with a 3 ton receiver, oil was not changed [ mineral] When i get back, i will start to retrofit condensing units for milk tanks, 404 and 507 are prety useless when ambient goes above 38°C.

cadwaladr
02-06-2011, 12:11 AM
in the short term drop ins are a get you thru but we have had enough time to tell our customers to update i guess if you are talking about big stuff there is a cost but if this is the case money was available thru the carbon trust.

Fri3Oil System
02-06-2011, 06:42 AM
Even drop ins should carry an oil change. Many installers are already having lubricity problems. Some compressors last 10minutes, other 2 years. That depends on the installation design and the size.You will check it, sooner or later.

devlin maguire
02-06-2011, 04:37 PM
This client has opted to wait, untill the last minute probably, I have fitted a new danfoss scroll with R22 as the original charge, I wanted therm to reclaim and use a poly and one of the available new generation, but I may have been wrong some of the reports coming back and comments on here suggest they jury is still out, I read an article by John poole in ACR news on the many flavours available and it seems it's hardly a one size fits all and the only deciding factor being whatever abreviation sounds the "coolest" no pun intended, remember the days of 12 502 & 22, I think more needs to be intimated by the gas giants as to what a particular ****tail will and will not do, as it is thet seem to be waiting for feedback from the trenches
Devlin