PDA

View Full Version : Vacuumisation again..

praveen
01-06-2011, 01:21 PM
Hi Friends,

We have a big system whose refrigerant(R407C) holding capacity is 60Kg.What do you think what capacity pump is good to get vacuum upto 300microns in 10hour?

install monkey
01-06-2011, 06:31 PM
the biggest u can buy.use a 4 way manifold with an 3/8 gaugeline on the vac pump,unscrew the core depressers in the 2 1/4 lines and connect to the rotor lock vaves,-schreader cores restrict the lines,stop the water flow through the evaporator,energise the crankcase heaters and a warm ambient is better.also triple vac using nitrogen to remove moisture.have u changed the liq line drier.

Josip
02-06-2011, 09:56 AM
Hi, praveen :)

Hi Friends,

We have a big system whose refrigerant(R407C) holding capacity is 60Kg.What do you think what capacity pump is good to get vacuum upto 300microns in 10hour?

please, search RE forums for vacuum pumps, vacuum etc ... you will find a lot of info ... links .... etc...

hope you will find what you need ;)

Best regards, Josip :)

mad fridgie
02-06-2011, 10:20 AM
I think one about "so'' big would do the job nicely, luvly jubly

AUScooler:-)
02-06-2011, 10:22 AM
Reciever volume means little. What is the cooling capacity is this a/c or freezer is it a new install you want to get down in 10 hours. If there has been refrigerant or moisture in system its very hard to advise.

Josip
02-06-2011, 10:26 AM
hi, mad fridgie :)

I think one about "so'' big would do the job nicely, luvly jubly

are you sure that "so" big would be big enough :confused:

mad fridgie
02-06-2011, 10:42 AM
hi, mad fridgie :)

are you sure that "so" big would be big enough :confused:

Hi Josip,

with all the info supplied, and use of many complex calculations, plus 30+years experience, I am pretty sure that "SO" big would be the right size, but I am always willing to except when I am wrong, when I am wrong.
I did think "near enough" would of done, but in 10hrs I had to evaluate again, and a "great big grunter", I thought was just a waste money.

cheers

Mad

stufus
02-06-2011, 05:29 PM
Time is irrelevant it will take as long as it takes.Depending on the reason it needs to be vacced in the first place.But that said "SO" big sounds about right.
Cheers
Stu