PDA

View Full Version : ThermoKing SMX II SR (oil pressure + cycle sentry)

oikonomp
31-05-2011, 09:08 PM
Hello Everyone,

Congratulations for the site! I am an owner of a ThermoKing Smx II SR. At the moment it has two major problems:

1. The cycle sentry (start/stop) doesn't work!
(is there a chance the problem to be in the circuit board?and if this is the case where do you thing I should find one?)
2. Oil Pressure are going down, so after like one or two hours of working then the engine shut down.code 19!

Any suggestions?

Regards,

Panos

klarenbeek1
31-05-2011, 09:49 PM
Hello

the cycle sentry uses a lot of information of the controller, butis the battery in a good chape ?

the oil pressure , you have really mesured with another gauge it is really low .

Regards Jan

gravy258
01-06-2011, 12:24 PM
as klarenbeek states the battery has to be charged fully before it will cycle off, this is usually the problem.

CODE 19 - check that the oil pressure transducer switch is isolated from the chassis ground, one wire goes to the switch, the other wire goes to the base of the switch. The base is fully isolated from the fridge frame by rubber and has plastic inserts for the screws. If not you'll get code 19's as you describe.

try this and get back to us

oikonomp
01-06-2011, 08:25 PM
Thx for the reply's! I am going to check code 19! Initially I was afraid that the engine needs to be repaired (worst case scenario) and this is far too expensive for an old machine like SMX.

About the start/stop issue, the battery is in good shape as I have change it since the problem started but also it wouldn't work even in the continuous mode as it does at the moment if I had a bad battery on! What do you thing about the circuit board? Do you have any idea about it?

Robert Hilton
01-06-2011, 08:27 PM
Let me know where you are in the Netherlands, I might be able to have a look at it.

Cheers,

Rob

oikonomp
01-06-2011, 08:33 PM
I am in Delft. Are you leaving close?

moggy66
04-06-2011, 03:14 AM
does the Cycle sentry icon appear when you switch it to cycle sentry?

when was the last time the oil was changed and what grade are you using?

oikonomp
04-06-2011, 09:39 AM
Cycle centry: Yes the icon appears!

Oil Pressure: i have changed them 2 weeks ago with the standard TK recommended type SAE 40 and two days ago I changed it to 20W-50. It is working better, but still after some hours it comes to Alarm 19 and stops.

Robert Hilton
04-06-2011, 01:59 PM
I am in Delft. Are you leaving close?

Sorry, I live near Nijmegen. Should you come this way then let me know.

moggy66
06-06-2011, 02:40 AM
check all your parametres,,ie Battery Charge, Water temp, etc...uit will not shut down till everything is satisfied......

mahmood
03-08-2011, 02:22 PM
hi, iread your problem is't still or u solved & whats u found let me know