PDA

View Full Version : Bosch freezer gradually warming up

jquin
29-05-2011, 10:49 PM
We bought a Bosch GSD2410 freezer about 4 years ago. It has been working fine until about 2 months ago. We moved it to a new position but not sure if this is a coincidence. I took some ice cream out of the bottom section and it wasn't frozen. We realised that the element/bar above the bottom section wasn't frozen (the upper ones all were frozen. We tried defrosting it but still the bottom section wasn't frozen. I've checked and there are no apparent breaks in the element. We then noticed the second bottom drawer wasn't cold and tonight have realised that only half of the top element is frozen (none of the rest are frozen) i.e. it has gradually been working its way up the freezer. We're trying to decide whether to get it repaired (which will incur a call out charge) or just replace it. Can you please let me know what you think it might be given the symptoms?

sedgy
29-05-2011, 11:39 PM
hi jquin,
your unit is loosing its gas, I would buy a new one < 2 years warranty< ENJOY ,sedgy,

tonto33
31-05-2011, 10:48 PM
as bosch are good appliance i would get it regased depends on area you in for cost of regas varies between £70 and £100