PDA

View Full Version : Building walk-in chiller

Johnny Walker
26-05-2011, 07:26 AM
Hi Everyone,

I've got a monoblock chiller unit and I'd like to build a walk-in chiller for storing food, mainly fish products.
The space is a bit tricky, its located in the basement and the ceiling is pretty low.
What I was thinking about to build one of those walk-ins made of PU panels with camlock. The question is where can I buy those in London? Probably I will need special sizes because of the low ceiling, also a door to fit.
Unfortunately I don't really know anything about how its made, are those panels available in custom sizes? Do I have to make a sketch of it and then they manufacture it?
Any ideas, suggestions, recommendations about where should I start, which company is manufacturing these panels..etc. I have googled it but found only installers or wholesales. I would like to build it by my own.

Thanks in advance

devlin maguire
26-05-2011, 12:36 PM
try these guys www.scandia-coldrooms.co.uk (http://www.scandia-coldrooms.co.uk)
DM

Johnny Walker
01-06-2011, 12:59 PM
Thanks, I will ask them

chemi-cool
01-06-2011, 05:11 PM
If you are going to build it in a cellar, bear in mind that you have to cool the condenser with outside air or your cellar will turn into a sauna.

Johnny Walker
09-06-2011, 07:38 AM
Thanks, we have big ventilation pipes with fans sucking the air out. I will just have to cut it shorter to make sure it will be exactly above the unit.

Peter_1
10-06-2011, 06:34 AM
There must be a short circuit in the internet-cabkle under the sea or the cable is to long seen the transmission time between Israel and the UK :p