PDA

View Full Version : knackered ex valve ?

devlin maguire
25-05-2011, 10:55 AM
I have started a new thead because the issues have moved away from my original query
a TEX 12 the spindle i wanted to make sure the spindle was at factory setting from danfoss info so I turned it all the way in to back it out but after 10 turns in ! is this normal
DM

Brian_UK
25-05-2011, 09:55 PM
Would you like to try editing it a bit more? :D

the spindle i wanted to make sure the spindle was at factory setting from danfoss info so I turned it all the way in to back it out but after 10 turns in ! is this normal

devlin maguire
25-05-2011, 10:32 PM
Ok I turned 10 complete turns in is this normal, or is it broke

al
25-05-2011, 10:40 PM
i thought you normally wound it all the way out and then back in the 4 and a bit turns to factory setting? I'd have to get a box to check though. I would imagine if it was knackered it wouldn't turn and stop but rather keep moving?

alec

monkey spanners
25-05-2011, 10:43 PM
I've done a couple of TES5 danfoss valves which i think work the same way, with these you had to adjust the orifice to a set measurment before fitting, then install it in the valve, the adjustment was only used to tweek the superheat if needed.

This was a two piece valve, with a brass block for the pipe connections, into which the orifice went and the chrome bellows adjuster assembly goes on top.

Jon :)

devlin maguire
25-05-2011, 11:08 PM
Yes it one of those with a 90 degree brass block with the solder fitting and 4 allen screws Jon and Al I tried to get some details from danfoss tech but no luck, thing is I thought that these had a limit as to how far in or out they went
initially I thought it went in and stopped at a 1/4 turn in and thought well I will take it out 2 turns things improved but I run out of time as I had the heating of, so I shut it down and put the heat back on so I decided to check out the valve again but I can turn it in or out 10 full without hitting a stop so are these on a cam type affair that lifts or drops the orifice needle,if so I can see what meant by setting it prior to fitting, help me out here guys
DM

mikeref
25-05-2011, 11:08 PM
The "cage" or orafice has to be measured to determine factory settings. The length/ height in mm should be available through refrig. wholesalers. Vernier calipers are the best way i find to set them.. Mike.

devlin maguire
25-05-2011, 11:12 PM
So it has to be assembled with the proper setting prior to to fitting?
DM

mikeref
25-05-2011, 11:22 PM
So it has to be assembled with the proper setting prior to to fitting?
DM
Yep. What orifice size do you have, and refrigerant are you using?

Magoo
26-05-2011, 04:00 AM
Also you have to use the lifting tool when assembling components , to dis-engage the adjusting stem/ cog to the orifice assembly. Other wise everything gets bent.

devlin maguire
26-05-2011, 10:15 AM
The gap should be 35mm However I need to know gap Y when it is fully open and how may mm = 1 turn any one got a TE orifice in the van,?? I have e-mailed Danfoss tech but if you guys can help I might have a good nights sleep. and if I run it all the way out will it disassmeble itself, by the way Thanks Josip I found a great deal of info posted by you,
DM